SmugMug or Flicker... What are u using?

i heart smugmug. . .it's fee based, but I found a coupon so that I only paid $30 for the first year of pro use or something. . .if you want to make smugmug fee-based, it's like $130 a year. .

many people have said to me that smug mug pro is way to expensive, but to be totally honest, its well worth it. I love the fact that once i've edited, I'm done.. nothing else to do.. client orders with their credit card, or if they dont have a credit card, then I will order them for them, but I put in a 10% increase if i'm ordering them. prices are totally customizable, store is customizable too, if you dont want to sell photo mugs, you dont allow them.. for my clients, I just offer prints, canvans' and other things like that.. none of the cheesy things.. but i let the customer know that if they do want a mug, i can get one for them. I also offer holiday cards, birth announcement cards, and photo books (but i do my photo books through iPhoto, because the quality is amazing..

I use both Flickr and Smugmug. I have the mid-level account on Smugmug. I have not really customize it, since I have no time. But I like the quality of smugmug instead of flickr.

i'm actually in the process of going totally to smug mug... i do like the community aspect of flickr, and I will keep a "groups" folder on flickr.. but i'm going to let my pro account expire this year and use smug mug exclusively... no point in having the same pictures in 2 places plus a HD

The 2 things that Smugmug doesn't offer right now which I would use a good bit are Die cut wallet prints and Package offers... They say they are working on them though.

On the wallets, Im pretty sure they don't offer them yet.. Bay Photo's might.. Couldn't really find it on their website though.

Another second for Zenfolio. I prefer their appearance (the themes are nicer) compared to SmugMug -- but if you're in to web design, SmugMug is infinitely customizable.

Zenfolio also has coupon codes when you're selling photos -- essential for business, from my point of view.

Finally, I believe that both SmugMug and Zenfolio offer wallet sized prints.

you dont even really have to be into webdesign to customize smugmug... there are people on the dgrin forums (smugmugs help forums) who will even write the code for you and show you where to put it in your profile.. the dgrin community is awesome and VERY helpful.

as for the packages with smugmug.. i've VERY excited for these.. i cant wait!

Another second for Zenfolio. I prefer their appearance (the themes are nicer) compared to SmugMug -- but if you're in to web design, SmugMug is infinitely customizable.

Zenfolio also has coupon codes when you're selling photos -- essential for business, from my point of view.

Finally, I believe that both SmugMug and Zenfolio offer wallet sized prints.

I will give Zenfolio the tip of the hat here with the fact that they use Mpix, which do offer die-cut wallets.. which is where I order mine from when I need to.

Most reactions

Back