smugmug or something else ...

I haven't had any problems with smugmug until the last couple days. Lots of slowness uploading and even viewing the photos.

Their print quality is outstanding, I ordered a bunch and got them last week.

Question though, where are you guys seeing these prices on prints? I think I paid .61 for a 4x6 metallic print. Is that because I don't have a pro account and I'm just paying the base price that any normal consumer would pay? I assume if I had a pro account that my cost would be much less?

opps, i got my price quotes wrong... smugmug sets the prices as:
4x6 lustre .21 ... then, because I have a pro account, I can charge my client whatever I want... as an example, I could charge them $7 for the same print.. when I do that.. smugmug takes their .21 cents, plus a portion of my markup.. cant remember the percentage.. but, on a $7 lustre 4x6, I profit $5.77

So if you wanted to order some of your own prints, then you'd just pay your cost?

Thanks for the explanation.

The prints was one of the major reasons I went with SmugMug. That, and I liked their configuration options (although it's dated now and I really can't wait until they update the interface).

It's a great service when it's working. I've only had problems with it recently. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will work themselves out. I will be upgrading soon to the Pro account for business purposes and I will need 100% reliability.

hoping it stays working tonight, as I'm about to upload 500 photos..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back