Smugmug Users: Watermark question

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so I've got a smugmug pro account that I really like for the most part.

One thing I have found is that I don't like smugmug's watermarking system. It forces the watermark to be in the same location for every photo in a gallery, and this doesn't always work. Is there a way to adjust the position of the watermark on individual photos?

Or Am I going to have to just add watermarks in CS5, then just upload the non marked version when someone buys it? That would be a HUGE pain, but I can't take the watermarks not being right anymore

EDIT: Also, the watermarks are a set size, so if I cropped a photo, the watermark will show up larger on it than on an uncropped one. Smugmug has gotta work this out so that we can individually edit watermarks on each photo

Last edited:
The smallest size is ridiculously small. You Almost can't tell what's in the photo. The most viewed size on my site is only L anyway, almost nobody goes up to XL or 2XL.

im not a smugmug member but a zenfolio member. This is how I would do it on zenfolio:

Create 8 different signatures call it T, TR, R, BR, B, BL, L, TL (top, top right, right etc.). Make your default to BR. Then if you see a pic that needs signature somewhere else then just pick which one.

The smallest size is ridiculously small. You Almost can't tell what's in the photo. The most viewed size on my site is only L anyway, almost nobody goes up to XL or 2XL.

Yes, but you list the lager sizes. I CAN steal the 2XL size and print it, not that I will, but it can be done. Just something to think about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back