Snake hatchling

Bibos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, what do you think about this photograph? I wanted to catch the moment where the hatchling first sees the light of day outside his little egg.
On the other hand it seems a bit phallic :lol:

baby_snake.jpg

Bibos

Thank you,

actually it's the hatchling of a friend of mine. He invites me to shoot his snakes every now and then :) Which is always a nice opportunity.

Bibos

is my photo so bad that nobody wants to hurt me by giving a critique? :( :( :(

come on guys, I just started with photography and want to get better

Bibos

I like it.....I'm just a little creeped out by snakes, but wonderful photograph none the less. Ok, I have to take a bath now...........LOL.

I like the shot very much - I find it fascinating, really. This isn't something you see every day!

I think your choice of DOF was on the money - just enough to see the other eggs around this guy, but not enough to detract.

I'd like to see you crop some off the top, it's not adding much to the image. And the lighting might be just a little bit harsh. But all in all, it's a very nice capture of a unique event. :thumbup: Very cool. :)

I think Terri has hit this one right on... i would possibly crop a very slight bit off the bottom to see if that helps.

NIce way to capture the event.

it is amazing but I don't wanna look at your picture for too long because it scares me a bit :p

Very cool, I happen to like snakes alot. Too bad the little guy didn't curve his body a bit coming out of the shell, that would'a been even cooler. But I have to give you kudos for the idea. Good show *claps*

Thanks everyone for the nice words,
I will try to crop it a little bit and see if that makes it better for me, thank you for the tip.

oh and to bp22hot: the color of the two other little hatchlings in the background is real, they are both albinos whereas the main subject isnt :)

Thanks again, and thanks for the warm welcome to the forum :)

Bibos

Most reactions

Back