Snake Portraits

DragonMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dragonmoonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wasn't sure where to post these...hope you enjoy!

These were taken back when I used to breed Ball Pythons and other reptiles. This was my "home grown" studio, with cheap work lights and a white melamine sheet for the white background. For the colored backgrounds I used fabrics from the local craft store. I wish I had the money to buy some good lighting...one can dream!

gilraen3-14.3.jpg

gilreanapple11-11.4white.jpg

gilreanapple11-11.5white.jpg

This is a Blood Red Cornsnake:
bloodred.jpg

This is an Anery Motley Cornsnake:
charcoalmotley.jpg

Hey there
Lovely ball, looks great with that red apple.
Do you post proces the pics and delete some of the shadows by any chance? Cause in the 3rd it looks like you took some of the neck area.
But all in all, i really like them. I should try and get my ball python to pose like that :)

Hey there
Lovely ball, looks great with that red apple.
Do you post proces the pics and delete some of the shadows by any chance? Cause in the 3rd it looks like you took some of the neck area.
But all in all, i really like them. I should try and get my ball python to pose like that :)

Thanks! I miss my snakies.

Hmmm, I don't see it...on the upper or lower part of the neck? I do have to "scrub" out some of the shadows, but not all that much.

Oh, that Blood Red Cornsnake is a beauty!
I've never tried to shoot such kind of portrait photos of our snakes. They'd be off any table too fast! Did you cool them somewhat to make them slow?

With a beautiful serpent like that, no wonder Eve fell for the apple :)

Oh, that Blood Red Cornsnake is a beauty!
I've never tried to shoot such kind of portrait photos of our snakes. They'd be off any table too fast! Did you cool them somewhat to make them slow?

Haha, the Balls are easy because they just sit there. It's their natual behavior to "ball up" when they're uncomfortable.

The corns were photographed with the help of my personal "snake wrangler," meaning that he grabbed them every time they flew off the table, lol. They weren't too bad though suprisingly.

Last edited:
Great shots here Melissa. The cornsnakes are beauties. A few years ago, I had a ball python, desert-phase California kingsnake, and an albino California kingsnake. All of them are gone now and I miss them deeply, especially the desert-phase king (aka Diesel).

Great shots here Melissa. The cornsnakes are beauties. A few years ago, I had a ball python, desert-phase California kingsnake, and an albino California kingsnake. All of them are gone now and I miss them deeply, especially the desert-phase king (aka Diesel).

Thanks, I miss all my guys too. When I broke up with my ex a couple years ago we sold off everything. The only herps I have left are my Iguana (more like a dog, I've had her for 10 years now), a Bearded Dragon, Red Eared Slider, and Florida Snapping Turtle.

I want to get another snake sooo bad!

Most reactions

Back