Snake

photosoup guru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I decided to snap some pictures of my Caramel Corn snake eating a mouse. Being a snake, I couldn't get it to move the mouse to the other side of the thing sticking out of the water bowl but what can ya do. This is my first submission, and it wasn't taken with any artistic thought put into it.

Snake%20and%20Mouse.jpg

I love black and white, but with it being picture of a corn snake I think I would want to see its color (I guess thats just the herper in me), but I do really like the pic.

I can't find a meaningful composition. The foreground is distracting and bothers me. It's still a snapshot. But what a pretty colored snake.

First of all the color looks better to me. Also, I think that the whole background distracts you from the subject.

Also, do you have to feed your snake mice every day?

I can deal with the background, but the explanation tells me its a picture of the snake eating a mouse. The actual photograph has something blocking the view of the snake eating the mouse. I'm not an overly violent person, and I do have sympathy for the poor mouse but a less obstructed view would have made this photo more powerful.

Nice color on the corn but the photo itself is not very strong. Keep trying, your bound to get some really good ones eventually.

Quizbiz, snakes only need to be fed every 5-7 days when they are young and less often as they get older.

I feed mine every two weeks or so.

Hopefully, the mouse was pre-killed or better yet frozen/thawed.

what kinda snake do you have Mike? also on the subject of the BG, most ppl take their snakes out and put them in a feeding tank, you should maybe try that and have a black sheet behind on the back of the feeding tank, this should make the snake and the mouse stand out a lot more.

I have a corn snake (snow corn), a striped California King snake (coastal phase) & a ball python.

I also have two bearded dragons & veiled chameleon.

b.t.w. Some people do feed their snakes in a separate feeding tank. This is a much debated subject. I don't do it because I don't like to handle/stress them right after they eat. Of course I don't use a substrate that can be ingested with the meal.

I dont do it either, due to the fact that it does stress out some snakes, was just bringing it up as an option, only time I handle mine is when I clean the cage, the ppl that had it before me didn't take great care of it, so I'm still trying to make up for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back