Snap, Flash

crotograph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations...Joined this forum today in hopes of getting and giving tips on photography. Been shuttering since I was 12 and was taught the basics of composition and darkroom by an uncle who was a professional photographer in Bonners Ferry, Idaho. My cameras are a Nikon photomic FTN, a Nikon D70s, a Mamiya m645, and a Bronica ETRs. Besseler and Omega enlargers. Am now taking the professional photographers course through NYIP and, at 57 years old, starting out on a new adventure to pursue what I have absolutely loved since childhood; Photography.

I live in the little village of Glen Ellen, California. Surrounded by vineyards and the Pacific Coast Range and far enough north of San Francisco to have little to no traffic.

Looking forward to meeting photo enthusiasts from around the world. Feel free to email me just to chat.

crotograph said:
Greetings and salutations...Joined this forum today in hopes of getting and giving tips on photography. Been shuttering since I was 12 and was taught the basics of composition and darkroom by an uncle who was a professional photographer in Bonners Ferry, Idaho. My cameras are a Nikon photomic FTN, a Nikon D70s, a Mamiya m645, and a Bronica ETRs. Besseler and Omega enlargers. Am now taking the professional photographers course through NYIP and, at 57 years old, starting out on a new adventure to pursue what I have absolutely loved since childhood; Photography.

I live in the little village of Glen Ellen, California. Surrounded by vineyards and the Pacific Coast Range and far enough north of San Francisco to have little to no traffic.

Looking forward to meeting photo enthusiasts from around the world. Feel free to email me just to chat.

Ohh... Good ol' wine country! Stopped a few times by the Glen Ellen winery, also by Benziger. Great wines.

57 is a great age to start something like photography! Congrats! I can't wait to see some pictures.

Meanwhile, welcome to TPF!

Did somebody say wine.....? Oh, excuse me. I got distracted.

Welcome to TPF! :) You've come to the right place for info. We have digital and darkroom enthusiasts alike. Start posting and have fun!

Did someone say Nikon Photomic Ftn? That was made in 1968. If it's still giving good service then that says something about how they used to build cameras.
Welcome to TPF.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Crotograph. You are doing what I still hope I'll be doing one day, i.e. getting to know all about photography, even the basics - so far I am too much an amateur enthusiast only to even dare calling myself "photographer". I'm looking forward to seeing you in the galleries, too! :)

Thanks all for the warm and wine soaked greetings!:D
Yes, I did say Nikon Photomic FTN. Purchased in Sasebo, Japan in 1971. One repair to fix the finder electronics 2 years ago and thousands of photos later it works easier and better than any camera (other than a Leica M-4) I have ever used. And yes, I am going to take it with me when I go.

Welcome aboard. Glad to see another long time Nikon user on the forum. I too have a FTn, I purchased in S. Florida in 1969. A still great camera, built like a brick.

Welcome to tpf!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back