Snapseed is a must try!

primefactor123

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snapseed is a simple and fun way to edit photos. If you haven't tried it before, please take the opportunity to do so. Snapseed is one of the main reasons I enjoy photography.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the information but I think I will stick with Photoshop Elements 19 + Topaz.

I downloaded Snapseed to my Android phone about a month ago. I have only used it a couple of times. I am not that thrilled with its interface, at least in the tools section.

I love Snapseed for quick, on-the-go editing. I find it quite powerful in what it can do. It definitely took me some getting used to, but I love certain features, like that I am able to re-edit something in my edit history. Like, say I’ve already cropped and I want to try a wider or different crop but I’ve already made other edits, no problem, it’ll keep those edits and do the new crop.

it’s definitely not as powerful as Adobe products, but I got it free some time ago and I’ve made a few fun presets that I have saved.

Never tried Snapseed, but for photo editing I use Affinity Photo. At €50 for a perpetual licence, it's well worth the investment....

I also use Snapseed quite a bit. Especially if all I need is some quick fine tuning and maybe remove a few spots on a jpeg on my phone or iPad. It’s very easy to use although options are not on the scale of LR, PS or Affinity. I really like the Pop and Accentuate presets and the healing tool.

But, OP, Snapseed has been around for years - it’s not anything new.

Thanks for sharing your opinions. :)

20200105_200814-01.jpeg

I used Snapseed to adjust the white balance on this Samsung J2 phone capture. This little Samsung has a really crappy camera. The lens quality is extremely poor, far below what my eight year old iPhone used to shoot.

I have Snapseed on my I-Phone to edit photos I take on with the phone. It does a decent job. I do not use it to edit camera photos.

Yeah, I started using it on my Samsung J3. It didn't have the greatest camera either. Now using it with the A50. Really like it for what it can do. I've used it for quick edits on 80D shots. Does ok, but still prefer to use the PC.

If you guys haven't already, try the healing tool on Snapseed.

I hope I am mistaken but the last update was Jun 25th of 2018. I like it but I fear Google has employed the old acquire and kill it strategy with this one. They make no revenue on it unlike other third party editing apps. It is a shame. I would pay a few bucks to have them maintain and update it.

Last edited:
Snapseed is a simple and fun way to edit photos. If you haven't tried it before, please take the opportunity to do so. Snapseed is one of the main reasons I enjoy photography.

Enjoy!
I tried Snapseed on my iPad but the screen is too small, so I went through all the "fuss" about getting it onto my Win 10 PC. Works great with the 28" monitor. But where are the files!!! I saved a photo via Export and Export As to a specific folder. But it's not there! A full drive Search couldn't find the modified photo. The photos do show back up in Snapseed but I want then to where I can move the files around as needed, including getting them printed "my way".

PS Elements is way too much for me. The best, though primitive, program for me was Picasa's "I'm Feeling Lucky".

Ideas? Is it a lost cause? An alternative?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back