Sneaking around the reeds

Richard Hutchings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Herring cropped.jpg
I notice him through the window and went to the back door. Slowly and quietly opened it a few inches and started shooting.
Heron.jpg

In my experience GBHs like to hunt in "their own" areas, day after day, and are extremely territorial, as well as pretty smart. Maybe after a couple of weeks, that bird will come to recognize YOU as being you, harmless, which would allow you to get much closer!

Well that would be awesome! BTW, I just took up this hobby a couple of months ago using my old SX30is. I had to get a DLSR so this shot was taken with my new D5600 which I'm still learning how to use.

A longer lens would have been great, I only own one lens, 70-300mm VR. It'll have to do, I'll try to get him used to me.

I like it!

I love that background color! The crop is a little fuzzy but that's a challenging lighting situation and you did very well.

Thank you all. I just missed another last night. Opening the door scared it. I think I'll try coming around the house next time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Like the second image, you got a good reflection in that one.

Nice pic! You mentioned a bigger tele lens but in that light a pic with one may prove to be underexposed. Do you have a wireless remote? You could set up on a tripod much closer. Of course the downside to that is the waiting game and the luck of one stepping into the frame.

I could certainly do that. My camera has WiFi so I could take the shot from in the house. I'll have to try it sometime.

Nice pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back