No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0071_alt.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Dani

He looks like a snob, indeed.
It's an interesting subject but I don't think that the background helps to tell the 'story' at all. A better background might be poor-looking people eating cheap food or just generally looking run down. You would probably have to set that up. Also, the background is distracting because of the many bright spots. Looking for a simple background would help a lot.
Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

I like it because you have focused on the Snob, all else is insignificant.

Thanks for the comments.
It's a small sculpture in the flea market in Tel Aviv.

Dani.

Ha! If anyone has ever looked "uppity" than this little man is!!! :D
Nice find.
Personally, I am not too happy with your composition here, but then I have also read kundalini's reply and find there is something there in what he says about "the snob" being all that counts (to him, too, most likely - given he were real), but I would still wish for some room for him to look into. But that's just me, you know? I am conservative that way. Must be my age.

Thanks corinna for your comment.
I meant for a little less shalow DOF so that the snob looks away from the guy in the background.
I still need to learn what kind of DOF I'm getting on each aperture setting in my new DSLR (only had a p&s untill recently).

Dani.

Ah. Yes, now that makes sense. The guy in the background looks at him, but Mr Snob is so uppity, he would not grant him even ONE glance back! That also puts your composition into perspective! Cool :D!!

Most reactions

Back