Snow Glows

jameswl2007

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken the night before last its been cold here in the UK and has presented some amazing shooting opportunities but this set was taken at night so the snow provided a great light generator. i did not use my flash once :)

1st was a fluke no sepia filter just the amazing glow from the street lights created this creepy glow
$no sepia.JPG

Second i love the way i caught the street lamps
$Snow glow.JPG
The 3rd my 1st attempt at b/w i tinkered with the colour finish for ages but thought screw it b/w it is kinda makes a photo taken 2 nights ago seem older than that
$snow white.JPG

Trust me all these were taken on the same night :)

Attachments

• $snow glow 2.JPG
    $snow glow 2.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 73
The only photo I really like is the 2nd one, but that's just me. It does have a little tilt though, but you can easily fix that. As for the first one, you probably could have cropped out the tree and that bit at the bottom, but I wouldn't find it terribly interesting, period. The B&W has potential, but I think you should have tried some different angles. If you did, I'd love to see them. Other than that, keep at it!

OOOoooooOOOOooooo very interesting! I personally like Image #1 and #2 :)

Too many to comment on specifically, but... I think you need to work most on composition. There are some elements in each that are interesting but framing them up a little better would help a lot. Overall I think the third has the most potential.

btw, part of understanding composition is understanding when there is no hope of making it work... that may be the case with these. It's hard to say without seeing the scene itself, though generally... shots of random stuff in the snow is a non-starter, as I believe would be the case for the first one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back