Snow, in the Bay Area (Ca)

Phazan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night, snow levels dropped wayyyy low, to the lowest I've ever seen around here. It never snows on these hills, so I took a drive to go an take pictures..I wanted to go early in the morning, but it was still snowy/rainy and the hills were covered in fog so I waited a while..Anyway I'm wondering if these are any good? :confused:

mtdiablo2.jpg

snow7.jpg

snow6.jpg

snow5.jpg

snow4.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow1.jpg

mtdiablo3.jpg

I hate the power lines in this last one but I like the picture without them in there..I would have walked a little further but there were barbed wire fences keeping me out

wow what elevation are you at? im in grass valley up past sacramento and we got 2 feet form that same storm. im at about 2300 feet. im posting some snow pics in this same spot : )

nice shots.
I am in Folsom and we got an inch, the most we have ever gotten! Unfortunately it was not enough for a good photoshoot :D

wow what elevation are you at? im in grass valley up past sacramento and we got 2 feet form that same storm. im at about 2300 feet. im posting some snow pics in this same spot : )
I'm from the east bay, we're pretty much at sea level. I had to drive about 20 minutes to get up in the hills where the snow was, which aren't very high up at all. These pictures are from Mt Diablo, if you know where that is. The peak is 3,800 I think..

nice shots.
I am in Folsom and we got an inch, the most we have ever gotten! Unfortunately it was not enough for a good photoshoot :D
Thanks! Yeah it's crazy I've never seen the snow levels so low. It snows on Mt. Diablo it seems like a few times a year maybe, but it usually never snows on the hills.

Some pretty good landscape shots there... I'd photoshop out that white paper plate in the first one though... My eyes went right to it....

I like 1 and 5. 5 has nice colors of the grass and the trees fill the frame nicely. In 1 I would have picked up some of the roadside trash first, but nice shot with the Mt's in the background and the fence to lead you through the picture.

Maybe something like this.
Before and after
mtdiablo2.jpg
mtdiablo2%28PSed%29.jpg

I don't have much critique. I live in the east bay as well and wanted to get some shots of this the other day. A few buddies and I drove up there but I left the camera at home for some reasons. Nice shots !

I don't have much critique. I live in the east bay as well and wanted to get some shots of this the other day. A few buddies and I drove up there but I left the camera at home for some reasons. Nice shots !

Thanks, it seems like there's a lot of us from the bay area

Most reactions

Back