Snow Moon

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night's full moonrise was amazing! I've never had much luck photographing moonrises and getting a scene I like, but I'm pretty happy with this one. They call the full moon in February the Snow Moon, rising over a frozen Lake Winnipesaukee.

One frame, taken at 320mm
moonrise.jpg

Yeah, this came out good. I know how difficult this can be. Timing is everything here and it doesn't last long. Good job.

Great shot, i saw it as it was coming up but it was over by the time i could get back to my camera

Thanks guys! I thought I knew exactly where it would be rising, but I had to run through waist deep snow for about 50 feet once it crested the horizon to get this to line up with the bobhouses. I can only image how much of a crazy person I must look like sometimes while out shooting

Yup Nice shot! Been wanting one like this

This would have been much better without the fishing shanteys in the shot.

I don't know...I kind of like them. Growing up around here they were always a big part of winter on the lake (not for me...I'll fish when it's warm). There are thousands of them around the lake right now because this weekend is a big ice fishing derby, seems like the people who bought prints like them too!

Very nice, absolutely huge moon! It's always good when you have the opportunity to capture these kind of shots.

It's snowy, cold, misty, clear skied, and lovely in Scotland at the moment... The moon in the morning was almost at the horizon right in between two hills glowing a deep red, but alas, I didn't have my camera!!!

Very nice, absolutely huge moon! It's always good when you have the opportunity to capture these kind of shots.

It's snowy, cold, misty, clear skied, and lovely in Scotland at the moment... The moon in the morning was almost at the horizon right in between two hills glowing a deep red, but alas, I didn't have my camera!!!

Sounds amazing....got a couch I can crash on?:allteeth:

The moon doesn't seem real crisp, strange outline kind of choppy(or am i seeing things?). I actually like the rest of the scene and ice shacks as the moon while they seem to compete for attention. Almost tempted to say you tried TOO hard on this one. Sounds like you had fun though. :trink39:

I don't know...I kind of like them. Growing up around here they were always a big part of winter on the lake (not for me...I'll fish when it's warm). There are thousands of them around the lake right now because this weekend is a big ice fishing derby, seems like the people who bought prints like them too!
Agree with you here. pretty normal to see them on the lake here as well. I have taken photos of just them before. I think in the image it causes a competing for attention for those not accustomed to seeing them on the lake. If you are used to seeing them, it doesn't really phase you perhaps.

The moon doesn't seem real crisp, strange outline kind of choppy(or am i seeing things?). I actually like the rest of the scene and ice shacks as the moon while they seem to compete for attention. Almost tempted to say you tried TOO hard on this one. Sounds like you had fun though. :trink39:

The moon looks like that when you shoot at a longer focal length as you shoot through any haze, etc. It's also obviously not a perfect circle so it will look "choppy".

The moon looks like that when you shoot at a longer focal length as you shoot through any haze, etc. It's also obviously not a perfect circle so it will look "choppy".
Maybe it would help if you clone out the moon.. It kinda looks like it was cut and pasted in anyway.

Why would I clone out the whole reason I went to go shooting? Stick to shooting in auto everything buddy and leave critique to people who know what they're talking about

Most reactions

Back