Snow, Snow, Everywhere!

Cyber Surfer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ez-photo.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Someone stole my fence, and who is going to shovel the walkway? Canon 5D with 17-40mm F4.0 L lens.

5D-15-12-2006-024.jpg

Wow!
Such amounts of an unknown substance... what do you call it again?
We are still so very far from getting anything like "wintery weather conditions" ... :roll: Something is wrong here ... Not in the photo. That photo is ALL RIGHT. But in Germany (and other parts of Europe, too, I should assume). Way too warm for the season!

Your only problem in FINLAND may be, though, René, that you shall NEVER have enough LIGHT outside for any photography ;) ...

A sight I can only dream of down here.. reminds me of childhood winter scenes back in Germany.. thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Well, Germany will definitely NOT get these amounts of snow any time soon now, and Pascal: from what I hear about Finland through another forum is they don't have snow there, either!! :shock:

Ah but the light I get will be great. In January the sunrise is about 9am and sunset about 3pm so it should be good.... Hopefully snow will arrive in the next 4 weeks!

hehe :) Well I'm only 80km from Finland and I can tell you that you have daylight for ca 5h at the moment. But don't expect any snow :) Am quite north and well we had a small amount of snow today.

IT SNOWED FOR 5 MINUTES. It's full into december and we usually have around 1m of snow by now, but instead we have plus degrees. Grrr..... WANT SNOW WANT SNOW WANT SNOW....

We did have snow for three days in November (the first few days) and that was nice :) But that melted and we haven't seen any new ...

Just as I was convinced that its darn near impossible to get a decent snow pic, I see this!!

This one shows the true beauty of a winter scene. The contrasting shadows, the sunlight, the green of the Fir trees, and the blue sky, made this an awesome scene.

5D-15-12-2006-023.jpg

Did you use a polarizer? The sky in your last one is amazing, very deep blue.

Most reactions

Back