Snowbirds

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A little history first. Airic my brother in law the aviation guru can correct me if wrong. The Canadian Snowbirds which are the equivalent of the US Blue Angels, lost a pilot in an accident a couple of years ago. Captn. Michael VanderBoss. He was born and raised in the town where both Airic and I live. They have built and named a school after him. At the beginning and end of each school year, the Snowbirds do a fly by in tribute to Michael over this school. This morning I heard the Jets outside and realized what was happening. Grabbed my camera ran outside half naked, neighbours screamed, children scarred for life police were everywhere. I did mange to capture a few shots off my porch. Eric I am sure you were not home ( gotta get executive hours like me ), so I bet you are angry. Here is one shot. You notice the bottom plane is not in sequence. That's a crow.

Snowbird1.jpg

Great shot there CanonCan. It's funny, this morning I was trying to get a photo of the Blue Angels in formation. They practice over me building every Tuesday and Wednesday's and make alot of noise through out the base. By looking at your photo of the very respected Snowbirds , which I've seen many times , I decided to trash the shots I have takin. I'm still using the 20D kit lens and before I start posting some Blue Angel shots I better upgrade on my lens. Was that your 75-300 mm?

Great shot again ! and LOL on the crow comment.

M @ k o said:
Great shot there CanonCan. It's funny, this morning I was trying to get a photo of the Blue Angels in formation. They practice over me building every Tuesday and Wednesday's and make alot of noise through out the base. By looking at your photo of the very respected Snowbirds , which I've seen many times , I decided to trash the shots I have takin. I'm still using the 20D kit lens and before I start posting some Blue Angel shots I better upgrade on my lens. Was that your 75-300 mm?

Great shot again ! and LOL on the crow comment.

They are noisy indeed. Yes it was the 75-300 zoom. Manual focus, blue sky plays havoc with my auto.

Awesome shot Canoncan. Maybe that was Airic in that plane that is out of line there. :lmao:
Great work on this one.!!!

Canoncan said:
They are noisy indeed. Yes it was the 75-300 zoom. Manual focus, blue sky plays havoc with my auto.

Nice shot. Seems the autofocus gets fooled by many situations, it is now my pet peeve, what ever happened to the split hair for manual focusing? I sure miss it.

I hate my auto focus too, on my d70., almost always use manual.. but I still find it hard to focus many times.. and eye also have a hard time getting a good exposure shooting into the blue sky.. but you did a great job here Canoncan., smokin shot!!!

Cruzin said:
Nice shot. Seems the autofocus gets fooled by many situations, it is now my pet peeve, what ever happened to the split hair for manual focusing? I sure miss it.

Cruzin you and me both my friend! I think I am going to take out the A1 load some 800 asa, throw on the sigma 500mm 2x teleconverter sit a mile away and shoot crows.

Most reactions

Back