Snowboarding

Jeremy Z

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday night, I decided I was going to take the day off of work today and hit the slopes. We had our first good snow of the season yesterday and last night.

Yesterday, I went there in the morning with my Olympus C-750, since I don't yet have a telephoto zoom for the Pentax. This camera has the zoom, but it sure doesn't have the focusing speed or continuous shooting abilities of a proper SLR. Nevertheless, I managed to get a few worth keeping. The ones of the snowboarders were all with the Olympus yesterday.

The landscape and the panoram were taken with my Canon SD600 Elph. I figured that camera would be less likely to injure me if I fell on it today while riding. :wink: I just love the panorama stitch assist software that Canon provides with the Elphs.

#1 - Color
Snow.jpg

#2 - B&W. Which do you prefer?
Snows.jpg

#3 - A panorama
wilmot_panoramas_16Jan2007.jpg

carving_girl3s.jpg

crash1s.jpg

crash2s.jpg

crash3s.jpg

jump2s.jpg

kiddo1s.jpg

kiddo3s.jpg

Panoramas have always fascinated me, I have never so far done any stitching other than with my prints and sellotape (unscannable in the end ;)) ... don't you want to brush up the seams?

So there is snow in parts of this world then. That's quite reassuring...

I think I might prefer your b&w version a bit better over the colour one since the long shadows show better, and I quite like those! :D

The zoomed-in ones don't do as much to me, though some of the falls are quite funny.

Are you talking about where the pictures are joined that I should brush up, or the ragged edges at the top & bottom?

Are you talking about the ragged edges at the top & bottom? With those, I had to make a choice. Crop out more stuff and have it nice & square, or leave a bit of raggedness in and include everything viewable that I wanted.

Oh, I just love that Leica in your avatar. Would you consider posting some more shots of it in my "Portrait of your Camera" thread?
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68326
(is that in the right forum? Should it be in the 'Collectors' forum instead?)

Do you ever shoot with it, just to keep it in shape? Use it for special occasions?

Well, yes, actually I was wondering about both: the colour differences where the pictures are joined as well as the ragged edges at the top and bottom ... not that I would MIND they are this ragged, only have I never seen a panorama like this before.

And thanks for liking the Leica.
I am quite proud that it is in my possession right now and I may use it.
But "using it" means that I am quite a bit struggling with it, as I am saying/admitting to in these two fairly recent threads:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69053

and

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69212

And thanks for liking the Leica.
I am quite proud that it is in my possession right now and I may use it.
But "using it" means that I am quite a bit struggling with it, as I am saying/admitting to in these two fairly recent threads:

Well, keep working at it. You don't seem like a person who gives up easily. Always doing all those edits and whatnot...

You might try to locate a fellow M5 owner who will lend you a lens for a bit. Shooting a 12 exposure roll with a different lens may do wonders, and may make you realize that it is not you who is the problem!

Every time I hear the term "fixed focus" I just feel like ---> :puke-rig:

Maybe Leica's fixed focus is better than everyone else's but I think it is a big optical compromise.

See my comment in the other thread on the use of the term "fixed focus" ... :oops: :blulsh2: :oops: !!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back