Snowy Day

Did you notice another face in this photo? Slightly above and to right of post.

baturn said:
Did you notice another face in this photo? Slightly above and to right of post.

Whoa, I didn't until you pointed it out!
I've found so many faces, intentional and unintentional, in my shots I'm truly starting to wonder ! Lol

I like the whole scene. I might crop the bottom just enough so the viewer can't look under the railing - focuses attention to the interior more, imo.

I also like the second edit (or lack there of) much better. It helps give the image a little more substance and balances it nicely.

As Ken mentioned above I would like to see it with a small crop on the bottom so we can't see under the fence.

Nice work Pix!

Thanks Ken and Demers :) Good call guys:

I do like the last version the best.

The problem I have with this shot overall is that anything that might be considered a "subject" is cut off in some way.
You have a lot of "framing" going on in the photo, but there is nothing framed.
Your initial crop leads me to believe you might have thought the same thing on some level and so tried to make the tree the subject by cropping out the rest.

Thanks Mully and Craig.
Craig, thanks for the edit, I'm oh ever so torn now! I definitely like it with it out but they both have a different feel to them to me... I'm going to have to ponder this some more!

The post would have been a great element if there was a bird or something resting on it. Great photo btw Pixel:)

Sleist, you described my dilemma perfectly, I'm actually looking down at the scene from our second floor to get over the tree lines and I just can't get it framed "right" hence my original post.

Ibyte, yes!! Once in a while the crows and mourning doves roost there but a cardinal would be perfect IMHO!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back