Snowy Hill and Tree

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Two versions... can't decide which one I like best. Two images below... each created using a 3 image HDR. I would like to hear which one TPF prefers!

1tree-h-900.jpg

1tree-900.jpg

Last edited:
There are only two. Not three.

I strongly prefer the first one just because of the composition. The second one is too tight IMO.

I strongly prefer the first one just because of the composition. The second one is too tight IMO.

Two? Three?... you must mean the 3 shot HDR comment? Three exposures.. combined.... lol! Unless you are pulling my leg!

Yea.. I actually like #1 better too.. Thanks!

Two images below... each created using a 3 image HDR.

@CG
The white doesn't read as snow to me. Of the two, I like the first best. It has a better distribution of visual weight.

cgipson1 said:
Two? Three?... you must mean the 3 shot HDR comment? Three exposures.. combined.... lol! Unless you are pulling my leg!

*shuts down computer* this is what happens when I'm too tired to read carefully. Off to bed I go before I get myself in trouble haha.

@CG
The white doesn't read as snow to me. Of the two, I like the first best. It has a better distribution of visual weight.

Thanks!... I was trying to keep the contrast a bit lower on the first ( I am bad about going a bit heavy on the contrast!) and tried to get the brightest highlight around 245 or so. The snow is actually patchy and thin.. we have had some warm weather.

I probably should have shot 1 or 2 stops brighter on the high end.. to give the HDR software a bit more to work with. But I got called to a Fried Chicken dinner, and had to decide which was more important! (bad excuse, I know!) :)

cgipson1 said:

*shuts down computer* this is what happens when I'm too tired to read carefully. Off to bed I go before I get myself in trouble haha.

Been there, done that! Have a good night, man!

I'm for #2.
I like the added detail in the subject.

I greatly prefer #1 due to the higher contrast between tree and sky and the greater visual weight you gave to the ground.

#1 is my vote, also. I like the contrast between the sky and the tree, and also, in #2, the tree is SO dark that I feel like it loses some of the detail of all those little branches going every which way, particularly towards the bottom left side of the tree (photo left, that is).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back