Snowy New England Scenes - I

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out prowling around in the storm today taking some pictures.

Snowy Weekend in December 2008 - New England Scenes - 004.jpg

Not a peep.

I seem to have the death grip of non-commentary surrounding me lately, so my pictures must just be consistently poor or something.

Anyone?

I prefer the original version...I like seeing more of the fencepost in the lower right corner. And manaheim, I love the pic! Such a pretty building, with the fence in front of it, weathering the storm. A lovely capture.

This is a real nice picture. I love the hint of color given off by the barn and plants. The tree branches add a nice depth and demension to the shot.

ooo... they put some resizing logic into the site. Weird.

Anyway...

Thanks, everyone!

To Mesrad and everyone who commented on the crop... I actually like Mesrad's version, and I can't decide which color caste I liked better, but I actually toyed with that quite a bit and wound up on the warmer one. I really do like them both.

Back to the crop... I'm torn on this as well. I like the fence, and I have another shot where there is a lot more of it in the shot, but I also like having the building down and further to the right, as Mesrad has it.

I actually took some more shots of this scene this morning (without the falling snow, since it stopped)... same general conundrum, though I do like the shot.

I think what I need to do is go back and pull those damned sticks up and toss them to the side and retake it yet again. :)

I appreciate all the comments, particularly since I was starting to think "oh man, no comments... the picture must be HORRIBLE". :)

[It's definitely NOT horrible. I think there are just fewer people online as it gets closer to the holiday.]

I actually like Mesrad's version, and I can't decide which color caste I liked better, but I actually toyed with that quite a bit and wound up on the warmer one. I really do like them both.

Back to the crop... I'm torn on this as well. I like the fence, and I have another shot where there is a lot more of it in the shot, but I also like having the building down and further to the right, as Mesrad has it.

Thanks first of all. The only reason i did the edit is because of the house not being lower. This shot has great potential. You did a good job! :thumbup:

Thanks, Antarctican!

No worries, Mersad. I appreciate you taking the time and providing insightful comments and even visual aids. :)

The composition is good. I think it just needs to be brightened up a bit to make the snow look white like it should. Remember that cameras will meter for (approximately) 18% gray, which makes your snow look gray, dull and boring. Set your meter to overexpose by up to a stop and you'll get whiter snow.

Also good suggestions. I'll definitely try that... particularly the brightness one. I think that may be what's bothering me.

I also wish there was a light in the barn somewhere... that'd be cool. I should trespass and stick a candle in there. :) (yes, I'm kidding)

I find it's a nice enough image- at full size, the size you intended to display it at. Not the cut down, deformed size TPF insists it's displayed at so annoying underpants ads can be shown.

I find it's a nice enough image- at full size, the size you intended to display it at. Not the cut down, deformed size TPF insists it's displayed at so annoying underpants ads can be shown.

hahahah... wwwwwwwwwwow. :lmao:

Thanks! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back