Snowy Owl "the one that got away"

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got out real late today in my search. Found this one but ran out of light fast.

$TMS_0989.JPG

Oh man that sucks!!! But nice sky though!!!

here's one I almost had ... but I HAD ran out of light.

$Black.jpg

Oh man that sucks!!! But nice sky though!!!

here's one I almost had ... but I HAD ran out of light.

Thanks. Ya that looks like most of my short eared owl shots.

Nice silhouette though. Have you thought about cropping it just to the left of the middle post and then cloning out the "post" sticking in at an angle from the left? Then, you would have a nice silhouette of an owl on a fence post - just a thought.

WesternGuy

Nice silhouette though. Have you thought about cropping it just to the left of the middle post and then cloning out the "post" sticking in at an angle from the left? Then, you would have a nice silhouette of an owl on a fence post - just a thought.

WesternGuy

Thanks. I have done a similar crop to the one your suggesting. This crop to me shows distance as to "the one that got away"

Hey, at least you "got" the one that got away! I've been SO hopeful that maybe a Snowy would be spotted in Tennessee, but so far, nada. The closest one to me was one in Brevard, NC--about two and a half hours away. A friend and I took a day off on Tuesday and drove all the way out there to see it, only to discover the poor thing had been captured and taken to rehab the night before.
The *good* news is that, while they initially thought the bird might be injured, it is not; it is, however, pretty malnourished--as many of them that get this far south are--so it'll be in rehab for a while, but I'm hoping it will be okay.
The BAD news is that I STILL haven't gotten my Snowy Owl!!!

There are a pair here you can get photos of any time you want. Just go in the entrance where it says "Nashville Zoo" and keep to your left until you see "Critter Encounters". Go all the way to the back on the right and you'll find them hanging out in the corner ;)

There are a pair here you can get photos of any time you want. Just go in the entrance where it says "Nashville Zoo" and keep to your left until you see "Critter Encounters". Go all the way to the back on the right and you'll find them hanging out in the corner ;)

LOL, so far that's the only way I've gotten ANY owl pictures. But I am bound and determined to find one of these Snowys in a more natural setting. Although, I did seriously consider hunting down that rehab facility and going to them to beg them to let me see the Snowy I'd just driven all those miles to find!

I sure hope we have MUCH better luck with the sandhills! Maybe we'll get really lucky and find a Whooping Crane! Okay, well…I can dream… :D

Yeah that bevard one was the closest to me as well.

Winter is still early though.

Most reactions

Back