Snowy Owl

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Saw this guy today at BHTM. He is part of the Snowy Owls Project. Snowy Owl Project | Mass Audubon

$MSI_1641-4.jpg

Just beautiful.Nicely captured

Lovely, I have only seen one in the wild in my lifetime. Late 70's I was out on call early Sunday morning in the winter and saw one sitting on a lamp post. I stopped the car and just sat there watching it for the longest time.

Beautiful shot of a beautiful bird. Did you consider a portrait crop? The green on the sides doesn't add a lot and there is plenty of detail to support a little tighter crop.

Nice capture. I don't think I have ever seen one in the wild. We have many Barred Owls here in Florida but I have never seen a Snowy.

Just beautiful.Nicely captured

Lovely, I have only seen one in the wild in my lifetime. Late 70's I was out on call early Sunday morning in the winter and saw one sitting on a lamp post. I stopped the car and just sat there watching it for the longest time.

Thank you, We have them around here, but you have to be very lucky to catch one in the wild. I been fortunate two years in a row to get pictures out in the marshes.

Beautiful shot of a beautiful bird. Did you consider a portrait crop? The green on the sides doesn't add a lot and there is plenty of detail to support a little tighter crop.

Thanks. I wasn't to sure how close I could crop considering this was taken through wire cage.

$BH Snowy.jpg

Oh, yeah! That shows off those gorgeous yellow eyes so well.

Wire will completely disappear if you get close enough to it and use as wide an aperture as you can get away with. I shoot at the zoo here a lot and have the same issue much of the time. I don't see any trace of it in this shot so you did it right.

It sure does,Nice crop.I never seen a live snowy owl ever.

Oh, yeah! That shows off those gorgeous yellow eyes so well.

Wire will completely disappear if you get close enough to it and use as wide an aperture as you can get away with. I shoot at the zoo here a lot and have the same issue much of the time. I don't see any trace of it in this shot so you did it right.

It sure does,Nice crop.I never seen a live snowy owl ever.

Thanks, This one was taken in the wild from this past winter

Nice capture. I like the second cropped one better than the first. There is too much distraction in the leaves in the background of the first one.

WesternGuy

Beautiful shot, gotta love owls

Beautiful shot, gotta love owls

Nice capture. I like the second cropped one better than the first. There is too much distraction in the leaves in the background of the first one.

WesternGuy

Thanks. Ya something about owls and the rest of the birds of pray that fascinates me.

Most reactions

Back