snowy puppy..

STMel03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I actually had my camera set to capture some action shots of him playing in the snow..but he was not working with me that day...so I snapped this instead.. It could probably use a crop...what do you guys and gals think?

picts058.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a cute puppy! No doubt.
Exposure worked fine, as domromer is already saying. Good. No doubt.
Your idea of maybe cropping in a little closer is a valid one, too. Try it and see how much you will then like the result. I think this photo offers room for a nice crop to get yourself closer!

AncientSnapper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Excellent exposure with the difficult black and whites.
Crop? - na - you have got her(?) perfectly on a 1/3rd - you obviously have an artistic eye.

One could just add a bit of contrast to her fur, thus...
picts058.jpg

Not a simple step to do - I've been reading Dan Margulis's books and this change involved using the Blue channel contrast/sharpen action - I've put the (normal) green channel one as an action on my web site if you are interested.
Very well done and thanks for sharing - now send us a bit of snow and I can try it!
All the best

OP
S

STMel03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
AncientSnapper- If I could send you our snow..trust me.. I would! I'm not one for the cold weather.. Can't wait til spring rolls around and I can practice my skills..

thank you all for the great comments! I'm very new to photography and just got done taking an 8 week class, so it's nice to know I'm on the right track..

Most reactions

New Topics