Snowy Smokies

TBar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few weeks back I grabbed these images in the GSMNP.

Smokyview-2533.jpg

evergreensbyroad-2519.jpg

Well, it would be hard to say that they are very interesting...

The view on the first one is compromised by the fog/clouds in the upper part of the image. The second one is... Well, trees. Not the most fascinating view ever. There is no contrast on both of them.

I like the fist one best. I agree it might be nice to see more contrast.

Love the second one! I miss snow here in Florida!

These are both beautiful! The second one is the best IMO, and my favorite. However, the first one is also very nice- Except I would like to see what it would have looked like without such a cover of cloud/mist. Do you have a shot taken 5 minutes later? :)

franklin is nice, used to live there. you ever get any pictures of culisaga between highlands and franklin?

I'll be looking to get a Cullasaga Falls shot when we get our next snow. The whole Gorge is awesome but the problem is there is NO where to park or stand on the roadside; it just drops off at the guard rail and a car passing would hit anyone standing there. No room! :-(

Great shots. What part of the GSMNP did you shoot them in? A friend's daughter lives in Highlands and I've ridden over there with him on my motorcycle. It is some absolutely gorgeous country.

yeah i just love 28 between franklin and highlands. i parked right at the water fall with my motorcycle, used to have a picture of it. now cant find it. you are right 28 there is very narrow with only a few pull offs and very steep drops. i have a picture i just snapped with my P/S im sure you know where this is then...
i wont actually add the picture to this thread but here is the link.

http://www.orseinv.com/TEMP_PHOTOS/bike1.jpg

Beautiful, Franklin is one of my favorite areas. Thanks for sharing these.

The second is my favorite, but the first has the "smokey" clouds the area get's it name from.

TBar, really nice photos.
Like the first one, the kind of framing of the top with the fog.

Both shots were taken in the GSMNP , near the Newfound Gap area. First shot is exactly why they call these the Smoky Mtns.

Yea, hwy 28 between Franklin and Highlands in the Cullasaga Gorge and its awesome . Narrow hwy with plenty of curves and no room to stand at the guardrail, much less to park there. Thanks for the looks!

Most reactions

Back