So, anyone from NE without power and just happen to be online (work / shelter)?

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Wife said no power at house (Maine). News says might be several days before gets back online. Have a generator that can power a pellet stove, and some lights. Also have a wood stove in another area. So house has heat. But thats about it. Of course I am 5,500 miles away for work. Can't leave unless someone else comes in to relieve me. So, by the time that happens, things will probably be back to normal.

I did order a 2nd generator online with expidited shipping. Still wont get there till Tuesday though. A storm not as bad 10 years ago took a week I guess. So, she will be on generators for a while I think. I ordered one becasue I know all the local stores are sold out except maybe for the really high priced ones. Always happens. Like heat waves rush on a/c when it happens.

So, anyone else hunkered down listening to the hum of a generator? Staying late at work becasue they have back up power? At a shelter?

im at a hotel in massachusetts. i wont have school for a while so im pretty happy. marriot screwed up my dads reservation. they said the residence inn at tewksbury had power, we went to that hotel and they didnt, so we went all around the andover area and finally found a hotel that had rooms. we got the last two rooms also, and my dad gave marriot a bunch of crap for the screw up and they are giving us 3 days free.

im at a hotel in massachusetts. i wont have school for a while so im pretty happy. marriot screwed up my dads reservation. they said the residence inn at tewksbury had power, we went to that hotel and they didnt, so we went all around the andover area and finally found a hotel that had rooms. we got the last two rooms also, and my dad gave marriot a bunch of crap for the screw up and they are giving us 3 days free.

Yea, I have issues with Marriot. More to do with them not giving credit for stays on their frequent guest program. Staying there off and on for 5 years, I have always had to send in missing stay requests to get credit. Not once has it happened the way it is supposed too. My last stay was in Rome Italy 6 weeks ago or so. Bill was $7,500 and you would think they could get that stay right. Nope!

Glad you got some heat, and electric to keep up on the school work (yea right ;) ). Indoor pool at least?

no pool, but theres wireless internet. the teachers gave us no homework on thursday so i have no homework for awhile.

Most reactions

Back