So exhilarated today...Bison close encounter...

mikaakim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have aways enjoyed wildlife and nature, and always enjoyed photography. however, my photography skills are poor.

Today I was walking the trail on Elk Island with my wife, we came around the corner and there he was...stood tall and proud, the king of the prairie, a plains bison...

incredible!!!!

Please let me know what you think of the photos and how i can improve them in Lightroom, and what i could do next time to get an all round better photo.

thank you!

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 143
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 116
just looking at these photos gives me a little shake again...it was INCREDIBLE

First shot was just great, I think you did a super job given the conditions. I'm poor at editing so no help here. Ed

Maybe a vertical crop, and a little cloning?

$1.jpg

What an awesome experience! Kudos to you for keeping your head and getting the shots. :) I think Charlie's edits tremendously help the first one. I can almost feel that wooly hide! :heart:

If you're editing in Lightroom I would adjust the white and black sliders. I tend to use them to fix minor exposure issues. No specifics but just adjust till you like the result. You don't want to go too heavy on the black though as you will lose the brown fur. Some contrast might help too. Little adjustments till you find what you like then put it away for a day then have another look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back