So how screwed am I

Where i rent gear from they dont ask for a deposit but they do A 750$ credit card freeze.

Ahhhhh...pass.

If I do need gear, I found a place online that has no form of deposit or freeze. They even offer a minimal damage waiver for about $15 dollars, so that if anything is damaged, you only pay 5% up to a max of $100.

Are you shooting the whole wedding by yourself? I would definitely try to extend my resources to atleast an additional assistant who will help you carry your gear and maybe help fluff the bride's dress, fix her hair, get the B&G some water(preferably a woman - maybe you can ask your lady since she's the one who got you in to this ;))

As far as your equipment is concern, it's hard to give someone advice on this because the equipment needs are dictated by incorporating the photographer's shooting style with the location. As a consolation I think the other members have given good general suggestions above.

I think you have some time here to do more research to answer the million questions that you may have in order to prep. But during the day of the shoot, rule #1 to me in wedding photography is to never ever ever leave your bride - you don't want to miss the moments. Good luck!

1.) Obviously you are going to do it. You shouldn't have any excuse not to have beautiful backgound. PR has some gorgeous beaches.

2.) You can't really complain about a 1000 deposit for a 2500 lens. They will have to repair/replace it if you end up breaking or losing it. The place with the 15.00 damage waiver...read the fine print on that one, I am not sure how they stay in business. I assume that doesnt include loss. If it does, I'll buy it off ya.

3.) If you do plan to buy any new glass, consider some alternatives, Sigmas 70-200 2.8, or Tamrons, 17-55 2.8, less than half the price of Canons counterpart.

4.) Kiss your wifes ass because your going to have to ignore her all night if you want to do a good job. aka - no nookie.

5.) Not sure the last time you flew...but luggage isn't cheap to check anymore, so pack your gear conservatively, if you don't want it to arrive in more pieces than it arrived, make it your carry on.

6.) Practice, practice, practice, stay loose, and have fun

7.) Do a great job, they could be poweful shots for a portfolio...just dont promise like results unless you are a destination wedding photog...dreaming of that day myself!

Most reactions

Back