Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...your holiday, I mean? What did you do? What did you get? Anything particularly special?

This morning, Erik and I exchanged gifts shortly after we got out of bed. He loved everything I got him. :) :) :) When he opened his big gift, It took him a minute to realize what exactly it was, and I had to explain it to him fully. We can't wait to go! He wants to try and hit at LEAST one ball park while we're there...it'll be hard to do more than that right now, because finances aren't what they used to be before he started school, and before he built a house! :lol: Summer is a long way away though, and ya just never know. :) After exchanging gifts at home, we got ready and went to my parents house. It was me, my little brother, my step-sister and my step-dad. It was pretty nice. I always used to dread Christmas at Mom's house, but things are finally changing for the better in the family. :)

Once through there, we made a short stop across the street at Gramma and Grampa's...then took the 1/2 hour drive to the town Erik's mom and dad lives in. First to his mom's for a while, then to his dad's. (I like both his mom and his dad a lot, but I feel so much more comfortable at his mom's for some reason...I was happy when we finally left his dad's...not that I had bad time or anything)

...then to Erik's 1st step-dad (his mom is on her third marriage, so she's married to hsi second step-dad now) to visit with him and give him some gifts. It was actually the first time Erik had seen him in about two years. He's a really nice guy and they had a great visit.

...after that, back to my town again, to my brothers to TOTALLY SPOIL my neice and nephew! I didn't realize how much I bought for them!!! :shock: They were SO SPOILED THIS YEAR! And the really good part about my brothers house is this...ok, background story first. My brother and his wife have not spoken to my mom and step dad in years. My neice is nearly 5 and doesn't know she has another gramma. Well, a few weeks ago, Heidi (brother's wife) stopped in where my mom works and invited her and the rest of the family to Christmas! :) So they were there, and they all talked nicely and visited. :) So in my brother's tiny apartment, it was Me, Erik (and you should see how much the kids like Erik!), my brother, his wife, my neice, my nephew, my mom, my step-dad, my dad, and my little brother.

Now we're finally home again...we watched some Family Guy and played some indoor wrapping paper baseball for about 40 minutes, til we broke the bat (an umbrella)....now it's time to relax til bed-time. What a great night! :) :) :) Tommorrow the plan is to head to my cousin Mike's house and take my 5 little cousins their gifts. :)

So how was your Christmas!?

hmph...no iPod.

The ex only caused a brief ruckus Christmas eve during the day and the rest of the weekend was spent with family. I'm having a rare night that I can tuck my kids in bed (even though they're 17, 17, 16 & 13). :lol: Tomorrow I get to drop them off at one of their other parental unit's house, take my horse on a trail ride and spend some time with my sweetie. I didn't really have anything on my wish list for Christmas but Malachite surprised me with a gift that was totally unexpected and awesome. All in all twas a pretty darned good Christmas. :mrgreen:

It is not over yet.
Today is the day when we shall all set out to where MY family live, after we have celebrated Christmas Eve (most important day of Christmas here in Germany) only the four of us - with only very few presents for each other, since everyone's got everything they wanted and needed shortly before Christmas or for their birthday, for that matter ;). So there definitely were no "mountains of presents" under the Christmas tree.

Yesterday we went to see my parents-in-law in the afternoon and evening and had coffee and cakes and dinner with them, all in all we were just the six of us then - seems like my mother-in-law is increasingly unwell and no one really knows as of now if she'll live through yet another Christmas... :( (the diagnosis is EXTREMELY recent and EXTREMELY bad :cry: ).

And yes, well, today our "grandparents-tour" goes on and we'll be back to our normal lives on Tuesday night. At home, i.e. at my home, where there are my father, sister, brother and family, father's brother + family, we'll have to take the obligatory Christmas Family Photo which has been taken almost all uninterruptedly since 1978 (!).

Yesterday i went to my best friends birthday. We (some other friends and me) gave him a couple of presents (some booze and coffee) and i made this in photoshop. It isnt the best job, but i was rather content with it, since im not really a photoshop whizzkid.

engel.jpg

(it says: Happy Birthday Christmas kid)

I do this almost every year, since he is born on christmas day. The whole family had a great laugh, so that worked out fine.
After that i went to my brother and sis-in-laws house. My parents and my cousin were allready there. We played a game and had a really nice dinner. We all had to make some part of the dinner. I had to make apetisers (sp?) and the dessert. And we ended with a nice cup of coffee.
I think that im gonna go to the park today and take some pics since the sun is shinning now. And tonight i will go to the city with my cousin and party till mornin.

We jsut did our Christmas this morning. Yesterday was at the In-Laws where I fried a turkey for them.

I got the Monaco Color Calibration software for my computer. She got an Epson PictureMate Deluxe printer and an Epson P-4000. Now she doesn't have to relie on me to print her photos out for her. ;^D

I didn't see anyone (apart from my kids - and we avoided my ex).
I didn't go anywhere or do anything.
I didn't buy anything.
I spent most of it undisturbed and asleep in bed.
Perfect.

Hertz van Rental said:
I didn't buy anything.
Perfect.

I'm glad you had a great holiday!

Hertz van Rental said:
I didn't buy anything.
Perfect.
lucky. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back