So I agreed to photograph the other attorneys at the firm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As many of you know because I've been posting shots for C&C for the past 2 days.

I gotta tell you -- I did this to be "nice" and to "further my career" as an ATTORNEY, not as a photographer.

These people are a pain in the A$$! :soapbox: No, I don't like that. Shoot it again. One guy has had me shoot 4 sets of him today. We cannot seem to get the flash out of his Coke Bottle glasses :geek: no matter what angle I try, so it's getting frustrating....

Tell me again why I agreed to do this? Jeezus!! :playball:

Sorry, I just had to get that out....

Sue them?

I had some people at work try to get out of hand too. I said "Round one is free, add $50 to every subsequent attempt." They stopped showing up. :lol:

I had some people at work try to get out of hand too. I said "Round one is free, add $50 to every subsequent attempt." They stopped showing up. :lol:

No doubt. When it comes to a cash outlay, the truly "interested" will turn out. The others will turn and run away.

Did you try your flash at 45 degrees to the side and up from the subject?

I tried all angles. I have been shooting with 2 softboxes 45* left and right of the camera. No luck. I raised the SB's, lowered the SB's, adjusted the angles of them, moved them around to the side of the guy, no luck. I finally shut them off entirely and tried bouncing light off the ceiling with my speedlight in the camera hot shoe. It helps a bit, but still not perfect.

This is the best I could do bouncing the light around with the speedlight on camera...

8596447488_93d2f74974_n.jpg
[/URL] GH2 by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

I tried all angles. I have been shooting with 2 softboxes 45* left and right of the camera. No luck. I raised the SB's, lowered the SB's, adjusted the angles of them, moved them around to the side of the guy, no luck. I finally shut them off entirely and tried bouncing light off the ceiling with my speedlight in the camera hot shoe. It helps a bit, but still not perfect.

This is the best I could do bouncing the light around with the speedlight on camera...

Looking at this guy, the glasses are the least of his problems.

Looking at this guy, the glasses are the least of his problems.

LOL. ZERO social skills and goofy as hell, no doubt. But this guy is sickeningly brilliant. He graduated Summa Com Laude from an ivy league university and then finished 1st in his class from a top tier law school. He did both his undergraduate degree + law school in 5 years, where ordinarily it would take 4+ years to finish undergrad + another 3 years to finish law school. He's also a millionaire many times over, so make fun of him all you want....

EDIT: Spelled "Com" incorrectly on purpose because it keeps editing out the other word....so stupid!

I work for a small music store chain in Portland. The particular store I work in is the acoustic shop.

I pretty much keep my camera at the store, so I'm always ready to take some photos of something cool or high-end that we get in. I work on commission, so I do this to help generate business in our particular store. Photos go up on Facebook and into our blog (which I write). If someone comes in and buys something I photographed or wrote about, even if it's not purchased by a customer of mine, I get a cut of it.

Someone from one of the other stores asked me to take some pictures for them. I told them they would have to get the company owner to agree to my fee for doing it, and then I would be happy to oblige. He scoffed at the idea. He also now has no pictures.

When shooting "for free", I'm the one who decides what to shoot...

Either paint the reflections out in PS, and/or use a polarizer.

There's a REALLY SLICK thing you can do with a polarizer on the lens and another on the flashes. I think you get the light from the strobes polarized one way, then the polarizer on the lens polarizes another, so you kill almost 100% of the reflected (which is polarized) light.

Still, just an on-lens polarizer with some fiddling should help.

Evidently the keyword to search for is: cross polarization

When shooting "for free", I'm the one who decides what to shoot...

My hours are slow this quarter but I'm still employed. So am I really shooting for free? Hardly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back