So, I asked you for advice, but I didn't take it....

Papa Deuce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still, I totally aoppreciated it and thought about it.

I was thinking, last week, that I wanted to get a DSLR for my wife, and you folks gave me lots to think about. The more I thought about it, I realized that my wife really wouldn't want a DSLR - I would! :mrgreen:

So, I talked to about 20 people on another forum who all have a Canon S3 IS. I looked at over 200 photos online from these folks. I was way more than pleased. It certainly was far superior than my wife's Coolpix 4300.

The zoom is what totally sold me ( and the price was right - $287 ). I'm giving to my wife on May 13th, as a combination Mother's Day / anniversary gift.

I hope she loves it. And, when she lets me play with it, I am sure I will love it too. :wink:

Thanks.

Nice choice..... That is a wonderful camera.

I'm in the boat that you should purchase equipment that fits you. My wife HATES shooting with my DSLR... so I bought her a nice compact olympus p&S. She absolutely loves it.. and as a result.. takes far more pictures than she did with my camera. (She's also a bit of clutz... so I made sure it was waterproof and shock proof lol).

I have all this equipment of all sorts and sizes at my disposal and I still find my self taking my Canon G5 P&S on more than one occasion. Why... its perfect for when I just want something to snap away with...

Still, I totally aoppreciated it and thought about it.

I was thinking, last week, that I wanted to get a DSLR for my wife, and you folks gave me lots to think about. The more I thought about it, I realized that my wife really wouldn't want a DSLR - I would! :mrgreen:

So, I talked to about 20 people on another forum who all have a Canon S3 IS. I looked at over 200 photos online from these folks. I was way more than pleased. It certainly was far superior than my wife's Coolpix 4300.

The zoom is what totally sold me ( and the price was right - $287 ). I'm giving to my wife on May 13th, as a combination Mother's Day / anniversary gift.

Well the S3 is not an SLR. It's what is called a "super zoom" camera, right inbetween a pocket camera and an SLR. The S3 will not shoot in RAW mode. Not many super zooms will, though I think the one Fuji might. Anyway, RAW is not important to some people out there. Have fun with your new toy. :D

Definitely one of the better point and shoots you can buy. I'm sure she will enjoy it, and it is a nice step up.

Now about your SLR, what are you thinking of getting?

I have a "super zoom" that shoots RAW as well, and it's not a Fuji :D It's a Nikon 8800
You chose a nice camera for your wife. I almost bought that same one for a pocket camera for myself. I still may get it, dont tell hubby shhhh :lol:

It's a great camera. I thought about buying it for some time, but realized it does not shoot RAW (only JPG) - which shouldn't matter to your wife.

Congrats!

I bought the fuji s9000 which is not a SLR, but an inbetween like some others. It has everything I could want, with the exception of an indefinite bulb shutter length, and of course interchangeable lenses, but I'm just beginning so I am not to the point where I need that yet. And it also shoots in RAW.

I bought the fuji s9000 which is not a SLR, but an inbetween like some others. It has everything I could want, with the exception of an indefinite bulb shutter length, and of course interchangeable lenses, but I'm just beginning so I am not to the point where I need that yet. And it also shoots in RAW.

Good news(ish). The 9000 does have a bulb mode. It is however, restricted to a maximum of 30 secs. It's also got Image Stabilisation.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back