So I bought PS Elements 6

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had tried the trial version of PS Elements, PSP, and I've used Gimp...and out of all of them I liked PS the best. So I went ahead and bought it today.

There is no way I could afford CS3 right now...not until I am making money at this (if I ever do)

So now I need to learn what all this can do. I know there are a lot of websites and tutorials out there, but does anyone have a favorite site or tutorial or some place that just really helped them learn?

TIA!:lovey:

I had tried the trial version of PS Elements, PSP, and I've used Gimp...and out of all of them I liked PS the best. So I went ahead and bought it today.

There is no way I could afford CS3 right now...not until I am making money at this (if I ever do)

So now I need to learn what all this can do. I know there are a lot of websites and tutorials out there, but does anyone have a favorite site or tutorial or some place that just really helped them learn?

PSE is 90% of the power at 10% of the price! Yeah, I'm exaggerating but not much.

PSE is 90% of the power at 10% of the price! Yeah, I'm exaggerating but not much.

yeah...and its way better then what I was using...which was NOTHING at the moment! lol!

lol... you will start to see an improvement in our pics soon. Not just from the post processing alone, but because editing them gives you the chance to see your pics from a new perspective and where they can be further improved.

I had PSE 5.0 and I just played with it. That's how I've been learning CS3 as well...

I have Element 5.

Any photoshop book will get you started. I have a used bookstore near where I work - ton of books on older versions of PS. I guess everyone want book on newest version :)

I'm currently using PS CS2 and looked into some classes to learn the program to the point of feeling comfortable with it. Frankly, I could buy another copy of CS2 and a butt load of plugins for the cost of a course.

Instead I purchased "The Adobe Photoshop Bible" and took things at my own pace. I've used online tutorials both in the written word and also found some neat tutorials on YouTube as well. There's no shortage of tutorials both good and bad out there.

Like any new program it's something you can become proficient with if you'll just give it the time and practice. Heck, I figure if I learned DOS I can learn anything!

Hope that helps and good luck!

thanks! I didnt even think about books! I will get right on that. :)

There are HUNDREDS of video tutorials on youtube. All those people out there trying to help, and no one using that wonderful info... lol

Most reactions

Back