So I Made Lemonade

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this over exposed picture and made lemonade out of that lemon. When I saw that super white bg I knew I could turn that bad pic into something of beauty if I flipped the switch and convert it to look like a painting. Now it looks like a soft, water color painting instead of an over exposed, oof, no detail picture. I didn't use any Topaz presets on this, either, I just played around with all the sliders, achieving what I wanted with each until this was created.

11142180-studio.jpg

Sorry Kirk, I really don't know what to say about this......

This is why auto iso is no imo.

Interesting shot! It's good when you can take a pic and salvage it.
Thank you, Jeff.
Sorry Kirk, I really don't know what to say about this......
Just imagine what a mostly white bird would look like if the sun were directly behind it or a bird flying in some bright, hazy fog.

Last edited:
This is why auto iso is no imo.
I love Auto ISO, it makes picture taking so much easier, I wouldn't use anything else. I shoot in manual so I set the speed I know I'll need, the dof I know I want and let the Auto ISO adjust with any changes in light. It's not perfect all the time, as seen above, but it works pretty good most of the time.

Sorry Kirk, but I don't think you've managed to save this shot. The blown highlights are just too bright for this one to be saved.

I can see what you were trying to do here, and I think on another shot it may well have worked so aplaud you for your effort on this one!

Sorry Kirk, but I don't think you've managed to save this shot. The blown highlights are just too bright for this one to be saved.

I can see what you were trying to do here, and I think on another shot it may well have worked so aplaud you for your effort on this one!
I can appreciate that but I disagree. This type of image requires a very bright white for it to work. You have to imagine the sun being directly behind the bird. The idea with it is to make the bird blend into the background some. The white in the bird does that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back