So interested in this effect... any suggestions?

dsquared

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this image on the google and I want to achieve this effect if possible in Photoshop.

Link to the image:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/7202841384_b7a12bef05_z.jpg

This one is from the same author, and I think it has some effects on it too, but I'm not sure... maybe this was only the good lens . ..

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8005/7202875950_958d69f0f2_b.jpg

Any suggestions how to make my image look like the 1st one? I'm not asking for that light or something, I just want to have that kind of texture on my image or something like that. I think you will surely notice that it doesn't look so real...

thanks a lot in advance

To achieve a shot like this, typically requires working in 16 bit or 32bit to get that high dynamic range of colors. So start with having a tripod, use remote tigger for shutter release, or delayed release to obviate camera shake
-put exposure mode to manual
-prime lens is good i.e., 35mm, or even a wide angle
-wide aperture (unless a lot of light, then stop down to what works for you)-take 3-6 exposures (or as many as you prefere), w/ exposure cmp. -2EV/MTR/+2EV (or whateve suits you)
-15" shutter speed, experiment with noise reduction if you like
-turn VR off on lens (if applicable)
-play around with you ISO, but 400 is good to start with
Leave white balance at auto
-shoot RAW (later u can change WB to tungsten or around 3000K if u can choose color temp)
-shoot,
*for the portrait with a person, you may want to choose a faster shutter speed so your subject will have to sit still and open your aperture 1-2 stops. , and increase ISO if need be

Post editing photoshop or HDR EFEX pro 1-2

Merge in Photoshop
-process RAW files in camera raw
-in Photshop go to file/ automate/ merge to HDR pro
-select you images and PS will later them
-chose local adaptation (edit ghosts, adjust brightness etc)
-choose 32 bit mode
-save
-go to image>adjustments> HDR toning (to convert back to 16-8bit file)
-experiment with the settings, you want to get as much contrast as possible. Adjust gamma and exposure help too
-local adaptation offers the most flexibility.
-that's brief idea of doing HDR photography with multiple exposures.

This technique is subjective - it works for me, but may not satisfy you. Only way to get it right is practice and shoot a lot.

wow !!! I'm really impressed with that procedure... :D But really , thanks A LOT !!! Really helped me to know what to do next time ! Thanks a lot again ... that-s a really good answer to what I asked

Also check out the sticky in the HDR forum. I personally (and this is just my personal opinion, your mileage may vary) can not stand using Adobe's HDR after using Photomatix HDR pro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back