So, my mirror fell out.... Yep.

pyzik

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, there I was, taking some shots last week.
Set the camera down to adjust the light and subject (Product photography). Pick the camera back up to shoot, take a shot, check my exposure/composition, ect…. I notice the image the camera returned to me was about 30% lower than the image I was seeing in the view finder.

Try again, same thing and so on.

Took my D3200 to the camera shop to have them look at it. He confirms he’s getting the same thing.
We’re inspecting it, ect.
I finally get a shutter error so I had it back to the guy. He pops my lens off to have a look and see what’s going on and my mirror freaking falls out.
Not kidding. The darn thing just fell right out.

FWIW, my 3200 still functions using live view just fine however I HATE shooting that way. (It has just 38k clicks and change)

Does any one think I could possibly glue the mirror back down? Obviously I'd be very careful. I'd get good glue and only use a minuscule amount on the spots where I can tell it was previously affixed.

Ordered a D610 this weekend. I’ve been wanting to jump to pull frame anyway so here was my chance I guess. So I have a new camera coming and this one won't be needed.
Looking forward to trying the new body. Also need to now keep an eye out for more glass.

Set the camera down to adjust the light and subject (Product photography). Pick the camera back up to shoot, take a shot, check my exposure/composition, ect…. I notice the image the camera returned to me was about 30% lower than the image I was seeing in the view finder.

Took my D3200 to the camera shop to have them look at it. He confirms he’s getting the same thing.
I finally get a shutter error so I had it back to the guy. He pops my lens off to have a look and see what’s going on and my mirror freaking falls out.

FWIW, my 3200 still functions using live view just fine however I HATE shooting that way. (It has just 38k clicks and change)

Does any one think I could possibly glue the mirror back down? Obviously I'd be very careful. I'd get good glue and only use a minuscule amount on the spots where I can tell it was previously affixed.

Ordered a D610 this weekend. I’ve been wanting to jump to pull frame anyway so here was my chance I guess. So I have a new camera coming and this one won't be needed.
Looking forward to trying the new body. Also need to now keep an eye out for more glass.

yep, you probably won't be able to glue the mirror back (easily) .... but I shoot with a camera that doesn't have mirrors so what do I know
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

yep, you probably won't be able to glue the mirror back (easily) .... but I shoot with a camera that doesn't have mirrors so what do I know
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless
Haha, now if I could only get my D3200 to be as fast as a mirrorless

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back