So my photos got stolen and used for ads

Yeah, just go to Google > Images, and drag any one of your photos into the search box.

Google Images
can you use images from a flash drive and drag and drop them in and look for them that way?
I would guess yes, though I've never tried it. Why don't you give it a shot and get back to us on that? Seems like a pretty easy thing to try.
I just tried this, and used a photo from my flash drive, and my public facebook profile, but neither image turned up with any links, no links to my facebook page, website, nothing.

Yeah, just go to Google > Images, and drag any one of your photos into the search box.

Google Images
can you use images from a flash drive and drag and drop them in and look for them that way?
I would guess yes, though I've never tried it. Why don't you give it a shot and get back to us on that? Seems like a pretty easy thing to try.
I just tried this, and used a photo from my flash drive, and my public facebook profile, but neither image turned up with any links, no links to my facebook page, website, nothing.
The photos that I tried were these ones:

img_1283.jpg
img_2128.jpg

I think there might be an issue with facebook. I just tried a number of different images, and they turned up results here on TPF, on my website, and one or two other places, but NOT on facebook, and all of them are posted there as well.

I think there might be an issue with facebook. I just tried a number of different images, and they turned up results here on TPF, on my website, and one or two other places, but NOT on facebook, and all of them are posted there as well.
Interesting, I'll have to toy around with it a bit more, it could be that I don't have a lot of photos up on various places. I'm not sure, but I will try to figure this out.

Maybe FB is blocking searches?
FWIW, Tyler, I didn't get a match on your photos from Google, TinEye, or IDQB or Sauce NAO searches.

If you use the Chrome browser, you just have to right click an image and you'll get the Google search as an option - no drag and drop.

Interesting, I'll have to toy around with it a bit more, it could be that I don't have a lot of photos up on various places. I'm not sure, but I will try to figure this out.

Perhaps your Facebook privacy settings mean they don't come up in a google search? Just a thought...

Then put a huge watermark at least which is so annoying that no one likes to steal ur pics :)
I mean come on, if I'm not a professional n I can't prove I'm professional n someone stealing my image is affecting my business n I also have no watermark or identification on the image then legally it will be very hard to get damages from someone ...
If u don't lock ur house then complain others have stolen from it. Put some degree of security on it

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I've seen plenty of decent photos ruined by watermarks. One guy on here used to post some great images, he was from North Wales in UK. The images would be good but the watermark always got in the way. It's something of a catch 22. Do it in a preventative way, and it ruins the image. Do it so it's out of the way, and it is easy to crop out or clone out.

Notwithstanding this, whether you are a pro making money from your images or not it is still theft, just as if you left your door open, someone walking in and stealing your stereo is still stealing it. You are just as entitled to seek restitution from the offender even if your insurance company tells you that they won't pay out. Theft is theft is theft. Doesn't matter how it happened, it's still theft.

Perhaps your Facebook privacy settings mean they don't come up in a google search? Just a thought...
Thanks, didn't think of that i'll have to look at my Facebook settings too then.

Great data from Buckster, thanks for sharing.
I have found lawyers much better at handing these issues. Having a business it seems like there is always a lawyer involved at some point and they are generally open to hearing about any other potential areas of income.

Most reactions

Back