So my wife...

I have two Great Danes, they each have their own couch. Three years ago almost every house on my street got broken into by someones little crack head. Some more than once. Not my house :wink:

Yeah, they're gentle giants, but anyone who's the least bit wary around dogs will give them a wide berth.

When I was a kid, if someone came to the house to visit the dogs would get really excited and start whipping their tails back and forth. Man, that was no joke. That hurt.

Did you crop their ears? We did it to ours, but I guess there's been a shift recently to not doing it...

One cropped for the show ring the other is a rescue with nice big floppy ears :)

And this one ain't so gentle lol

Some friends of mine have a Great Dane. Seriously the laziest dog I've ever met. It's roughly the size of a Ford Fiesta and has the reflexes of someone that doesn't have reflexes.

My wife has been hounding me (pun intended) to get a dog since we met. Put it off for almost a decade now... Wonder how much longer it'll last. I'm allergic to them, so I've got an excuse. :lol:

My wife has been hounding me (pun intended) to get a dog since we met. Put it off for almost a decade now... Wonder how much longer it'll last. I'm allergic to them, so I've got an excuse. :lol:

If once you decide to give in, get a poodle. Seriously! A standard poodle is an excellent dog, and the hair is hypoallergenic. Smaller poodles have the same hair, if a smaller dog is in order.

Some friends of mine have a Great Dane. Seriously the laziest dog I've ever met. It's roughly the size of a Ford Fiesta and has the reflexes of someone that doesn't have reflexes.

This makes me laugh :mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind a big lazy dog. My best friend had two white boxers (one of them recently passed away). Now, I love an ugly dog, especially one that is so ugly that it's come 'round to cute again. These boxers were like that and they were well-behaved dogs, so I thought they were pretty great at first. The thing was, though, was that they were very needy. It might have been partly because both of them were deaf, but both had to follow the human around constantly. The girl, Marcy, wasn't that bad, but the boy, Dempsey, was almost neurotic about it. It drove me nuts whenever I visited her. That's when I realized that I might want to just stick to cats.

If I could get a big ugly dog that was lazy and couldn't be bothered to follow me around, and that was smart enough to just be let out into the yard to do its business, and that didn't drool...well, then I might consider a dog :)

If I could get a big ugly dog that was lazy and couldn't be bothered to follow me around, and that was smart enough to just be let out into the yard to do its business, and that didn't drool...well, then I might consider a dog :)

Other than the drool part it sounds like me but I'm not available for adoption lol

If once you decide to give in, get a poodle. Seriously! A standard poodle is an excellent dog, and the hair is hypoallergenic. Smaller poodles have the same hair, if a smaller dog is in order.

That's on her short list, thankfully, along with a Bichon Frise. Basically any dog that's small and looks like a cotton ball works for her.

Most reactions

Back