so NEW at editing in LR3....suggestions on a photo

cws74

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello.....First time in a Forum.....as many will say and I'll be one among those to say I love photography and want to improve talents, skills etc with natural lightning....I'm still understanding the camera and lightning as it will improve as I practice and shoot. Getting better, however, I've tried several opportunities to find an area that I would like to focus on and improve and nail it. For me this is a hobby but if I get asked to photograph family, kids and so on, I'll take new opportunity to learn if it is right for me. So far I've done lots of Landscaping, few Senior Portraits and family portraits.

Just got done with a newborn session......got ideas from other photographers & surprisely came up with my own ideas to shoot . My next problem is I'm just stuck on editing! I want to master it down where I get the right shot and only spend 1 - 2 min to edit. I study my books, practice, practice and find tutuorials online to help improve. Now I'm at a loss and would welcome constructive suggestions to change/add/improve on this photo I took from the session.

I only have LR3 as it was suggested by those I highly respect of fellow photographers that I was able to get to know in WA state. So moved to new state and put photography on hold for a year. Started back up and now I'm at a loss of frustration with editing and don't want to be. I keep at it, but get stuck. So here I am asking among you that are willing and able to offer your suggestions.

Thank you.

Attachments

• $IMG_8594-1.jpg
    $IMG_8594-1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 138
The issues I have with this photo are not ones you can fix in Lightroom they are ones that need to be addressed at the time of shooting.

You need softer light and there are issues with the black background showing big folds and not coving the whole background.

The background issue can be fixed in photoshop but would be easier done in just a couple seconds during the shoot.

Thank you for input. I was wondering Light guru if you could expand explanation on not covering the whole back ground? Does the black not cover the whole background? I'll know what to look for for future shoots. I was using natural lighting from big Windows. I know the lower back is over exposed.

Thanks.

The issues I have with this photo are not ones you can fix in Lightroom they are ones that need to be addressed at the time of shooting.

You need softer light and there are issues with the black background showing big folds and not coving the whole background.

The background issue can be fixed in photoshop but would be easier done in just a couple seconds during the shoot.

for this photo, try and use the adjustment brush for gentle exposure tweaks in the brighter areas.

Most reactions

Back