So pretty

Velocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my first attempts at capturing a peacock. Any comments and advice is welcome.

Wentworth_Peacock_5-01_b.jpg

Wentworth_Peacock_Use-01_b.jpg

Wentworth_Peacock_3-01_a.jpg

cool,i think 3 is my fav, but i can't tell the diff between 1 and 3 . . . they look oversharpened though

Thank you both for looking and for commenting, I appreciate it.
The difference between 1 & 3 is that the peacock is looking in a different direction. I included both of these as some people say that the animal should be looking to the right for a good composition while others say the opposite. I guess it's really down to personnal taste.
Nige

nice shots!! doesnt look like your attempts at capturing it worked out... but at least you got some awsome photos of it! :p

My fav is definitly number one... better catch light in the eye, you see just a bit more of the bird as well as its little hat thing, and theres lots more "eyes" staring at you. though, like you said, if it were flipped horizontally, i would like the compo much better.

thanks for sharing!

JC

I really like the first one.

I really like the third one. #2 could've had a different DOF so the whole photo is in focus.

My favourite is the first.
Why is it that that animals should look to the right for a better composition?

All I miss in 1 and 3 is the peacock's chest. I feel that is really missing here (like feet that got accidentally cropped off in people photos).

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions, something to think about the next time I try.
Nige

Most reactions

New Topics

Back