So some people are interested..

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In buying some prints!

Now in light of the other pricing threads, I'll give you as much information as possible.

The image:
Sunset_show-1.jpg

The buyer: retirement home wanting to use this as decoration.

Print size: large, 20x30 - 26x40

material: canvas wrapped to give it the painterly texture that the image itself conveys. (it will also hide the pixelation of 6 megapixels)

Equipment used: Nikon D70s, Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 DX, Bogen/Manfrotto 3021BPRO/488RC4 ballhead

Software used: Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS2, Photomatix Pro, Neat Image.

Image is uncropped from the original data the sensor recorded.

I'm thinking along the lines of $350-$400, depending on size. I pride myself in my work, and it is very difficult to create images such as this. I don't want to make myself seem 'cheap' (in the bad sense), but overpricing is the last thing I want to do. I don't consider myself experienced, but I also don't think I shoot junk (for the most part anyway).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

For that price it should have a solid wood custom made frame with a small metal plate with a personal engraving.

just a quick bit of googling and it'd seem average price for a 20x30 canvas is around $300 - $400

The info helps. The price sounds reasonable considering it's size. If this scenario catches on you could easily go much higher. Not sure what a canvas wrap is.

Love & Bass

I just received a 24 X 36 from Canvas on demand (www.canvasondemand.com) and it is stunning. The image was shot 5 1/2 M.P. Cost was $120.00 with shipping. And pixelation will show at this resolution if the file is not clean. There is no reason to have pixelation if the file was up-sampled properly judging from the apparent quality of your file.
As for a guide for pricing, a respected studio photographer named Larry Peters lecturers on the subject. His guidelines are 3.3X actual cost, ALL COST, as a base. This would be a business out of your home with very low overhead. Jeff and Julia Woods, well known portrait and wedding photographers use a base of 550% of actual cost.

Great, Thanks alot. I'm glad I know i'm in the right direction.

Most reactions

Back