So that's how you tell the newbees

Tomeboy69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking that this section is at the bottom on purpose - to watch all of us newbees post our intros in the beginner section only to find this area later (kind of like the elevator pass in high school). So anyways, here is my re-intro. I'm editing a little bit because I just purchased my new camera!

Hello all,

My name is Tom and I'm really excited to be here. I'm in the Chicago area. I'm not in any way a photographer, but I love to look at photos and wonder how they were done technically. Some of your photos on his site are amazing. I always feel that I'm so much more influenced to be creative when I'm around other creative people. I do have a camera now (Olympus C-4040), but have recently been dis-satisfied with the output (looking at images in Photoshop). I'm really wanting to expand my knowledge (or build it) in teqnique and equipment and want to purchase something that will last me a couple of years without outgrowing it. Currently I'm looking at:
Nikon D200 - Purchased
Nikon 2162 18-135 Lens - Purchased
SB800 Flash - buying tomorrow
2 - 2GB compact flash cards - purchased
1 Extra battery - purchased
Nikon 2161 70-300 Lens - Purchased because I got a great price on the display.

I would like to start with this equipment and then slowly piece together a small studio set up (lights, backdrop, etc.), but know nothing about that yet.

I'm hoping to chat with some of you and learn from the pros and also learn together with some other beginners.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom, you've come to the right place. There is plenty of great photographers around here.

Welcome friend :) You'll get a lot of great tips and advice form the folks on here. Looking forward to you posting your work on here.

Most reactions

Back