So there I went, dreaming, past ... (now with photo attached)

My last ticket was somewhat similar (have had 2). Back in 1991 I was driving back to school from winter break. Absolutely no rush at all. No intentions of speeding. Going down a long gradual hill and not paying attention. Sure enough state police down at the bottom clocking people.

I had no clue what they pulled me over for. I didn't even see them. Told me I was speeding and I was like HUH??

Well, this is the "lovely" photo I got in the mail today, and be frank and honest: do you really think a PHOTO OF THIS QUALITY is worth the € 25.- they charge? Keep in mind that it arrived here without a frame! Just this ugly picture. And then for this price!?

Blitzkistenfoto.jpg

Oh, you mean the price is for "speeding"?
(Actually I was going at 64km/h in a 50 km/h-area, minus the percentage, ended in my going 61 km/h --- I was not REALLY speeding!).

yeha.. you was not really speeding.. but the photo shows you.. definitely :D

Now do tell me: is a photo of THIS quality worth the price of € 25.- !?!?!?

It came that way, but at the bottom of that A4 sheet from which I scanned these two only, there was a close-up of my number plate, too.
So yeah, it was me in my car, all right. :roll:

You can tell from my eyes that my thoughts were quite far away from the road :)shock: ) and my speedometre.

LaFoto said:
Now do tell me: is a photo of THIS quality worth the price of € 25.- !?!?!?

If that's the price of the photo alone, no! If that's the entire amount of the fine, yes!

I've been 'clocked' by a photo radar camera a few months back, same story, daydreaming... Only the color picture was horrible and it did cost me some $175.00. Oh well...

Here in the province of Alberta, we are only required to have plates on the rear of vehicles...so they can't get us coming...only going. So if you see it soon enough, you can slow down before you get in front of the camera. They mount the cameras in Dodge vans so that they can drive them to where ever and get speeders going by. The funny thing now is that whenever people drive by a new Dodge van...they slam on the brakes. A lot of people even slow down to 10 km/h below the limit...when the camera won't go off unless you are at least 10-15 over.

Big Mike said:
The funny thing now is that whenever people drive by a new Dodge van...they slam on the brakes. A lot of people even slow down to 10 km/h below the limit...when the camera won't go off unless you are at least 10-15 over.

i suppose that could cause accidents in itself

This one was a stationary radar control, one that is always there, and I KNOW it is there, so usually I am prepared to slow down to the required 50 in time, without even needing to slam on my brakes, but on that Tuesday morning ... I KNOW I was just dreaming and dreaming away and I did not have a car in front of me that was slowing down so I would slow down, too, so --- flash! Dang.

And Mitica, well, it is pic and in the FIRST place the FINE that is the € 25.-!
$ 175.- is QUITE MUCH!!! Whoo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back