So.. this is a rant about a model who didn't pay for a shoot and expects un-watermarked images.

Very good, NedM, but instead of a bunch of amateurs pasting up a TFP contract or a model release, go find yourself an attorney to do that. You'll be ahead in the long run.

Good luck!

I agree. You did an awesome job of dealing with that situation!!

I think anyone reading this thread who has uncertainty's about how to handle this type of a situation would be helped an extraordinary amount by this book: How to Win Friends Influence People Dale Carnegie 9780671027032 Amazon.com Books

It's an excellent read and many of the worlds most successful people talk about how it has changed their life and led to their success. It's not the typical self help book, it reads less like "be this way" and more like "people have been this way and here's what they got out of it"

It's basically the bible of networking..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I do collaborating work with models, HMUA's, wardrobe, etc. I have almost never give out watermarked photos for trade work. It's clear and up front before everything is done so we all know what we're getting before the shoot, regardless of who approached who. I make a living with photography and that's just how I work. Other people do things differently. :)

Edit, come to think of it I rarely watermark my photos.

I don't watermark mine, either. I've never quite understood it.
They are probably afraid that maybe someone will still their photos and claim it as theirs.

Most reactions

Back