So, what are the chances

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I just found 50 rolls of 120 film I lost 11 years ago! Stored in a average to slightly below average temp room. I put 1 roll of 120 into a changing bag and it started to unroll without sticking. It is all positive film. Do you think its worth to buy a gallon kit of E6 and give it a try. Still have all my Jobo equipment.

I sure as heck would go for it.

I'd cross process in C-41 but that is all I have ever done with E-6. If you do process E-6 I would "just in case" shoot a test roll to find how far off the film has fallen, if at all.

Seems like B&W would be good to go but color, I don't know, supposedly it can shift. There was some funky film developing going on in the '80s was it? with color film that later caused prints to turn orangey (have some in my basement). Maybe transparencies held up better. I've had B&W film developed that had been in a camera since my dad was in the army (and I don't remember how long that had been at the time!). But I'd probably start out with a trial run of a small number of rolls and see what you get.

If you want to know my equipment, your gonna have to specify which bag of equipment you want to know. Choices are bag #1 thru #6

Bag #3

D600, 20-35 f/2.8d, 35-70 f/2.8, 80-200 f/2.8d (2 ring), 50 f/1.4d, 85 f/1.4d, 135 f/2.0 dc. 1-SB900, 2-SB600's. B&W and some Hoya filters, Basically D600 with some of my older lenses. Good for people shots.

Holy smokes, I found a new un-opened box of Kodak E-6 gallon kit. Unfortunately I am sure it's no good. Been though several thaws and freezes in my garage. Not sure how it got in there. Looks like Ultrafineonline has Unicolor E-6 kits. Never tried them in the past. But looks like no choice now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back