So what does everyone do with their photos?

BrandonS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.topspeedphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been into photography now for about a year. Like everyone else I have my favorites that I've taken. I've never had any picture of mine printed and other than sharing some of my favorites on here from time to time, they pretty much get sized down and play wallpaper duty on my computer until I switch to another one.

Do most of you guys print out and frame your things? If so do you just keep adding frames to the wall or do you remove old and replace with new?

I was just pondering this as I was putting the last file I shot from my D80 onto my D300 memory card so the D300 would start counting where my D80 left off. I realized the number of shots I took and then thought about the 0 I had on the wall; when I first got into this I remember thinking about how I'd never have to go to Kohl's or any department store and buy pictures to hang up that I liked as I could take my own.

The walls are just as bare as a year ago. It might be that I feel others' pictures are better; not that I don't like mine a lot.

I make pictures solely for the walls of my home. Fact is, until a few days ago I never posted one on this site. I may or may not post another.

So, how about the rest of the shots? I take many. The goal is to improve my skills, such as they are. Photos which show improvement replace others on the walls. Pictures which do not are either never printed beyond reference contact sheets [b&w film] or, if digital, deleted [the really bad] or dumped to CD [the 'so-so' and 'ho-hum'] and filed.

A Spartan approach? Probably. But each person views the making of pictures from a different perspective.

[On reflection, my relationship to making pictures may be informed by self-criticism or shyness -- or insecurity. I'll not think further about it.]

I put my best ones on my website (shameless plug: Test Page for Apache Installation) and these photos also get printed as 8x5s and put into a black photo album with a white border and one photo per page.

My mediocre photos get done 6x4 and put into a normal album.

Big trips like my current trip overseas will have their own albums dedicated to them.

Well...

My I put my Zoo Pictures on my http://www.zoopictures.net website.

My other projects, I mostly don't do anything with them other than just have them and look at them.

I take pictures at civil war battlefields and reenatments, I have a Big Island Of Hawaii project I am working on, and am taking underwater shots... just to name a few of my things.

I have one picture of some meerkats on my wall. I printed it just to see how well a D80 print would look at 20x24 (good, by the way).

That's it.

I print the photos I consider to be my best, and very few of them actually get printed. The rest I keep on a file/media server in the corner of the family room. The server has a 19" wide-screen monitor attached. It plays a constant screensaver slide show of all my photos in random order.

Everyone loves sitting and watching the slide show and it is wonderful having my photographs on display all the time.

Most of what I do is motorsports reated. The ones I keep usually go back to the venue for promotion and advertising. The rest I post online for critique and show.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back