So who to believe...

Joel Bolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
That mangy rodent who lives up the road from me(6 more weeks), or this lovely Crocus(spring has sprung!) Seriously, in the 38 years I've lived here, this is the earliest I've ever seen these bloom.
_IMG2562.l.jpg

Spring has sprung, in just a few areas.... :encouragement:

I’ve got tulips pushing up through 3” of snow and ice. Mother Nature is confused this year.

I have had daffodils in front of my house for a few days.

Crocuses here have been blooming for more than ten days: Bleep the Bleepin' Groundhog

Mother Nature isn't confused: Planting Zones Moving North - Conservation in a Changing Climate

I moved to St. Louis about 40 years ago and got involved in gardening shortly thereafter. I had to learn about the limits of climate hardiness in this region. Eg. a popular garden flower that many of us plant here is Cannas -- I have two big beds of them. 40 years ago Cannas left in the ground over winter died and we knew we had to dig up the rhizomes and bring then inside every Fall -- standard practice. I haven't dug up a Canna in 5 years now. I just open up a straw bail over them and bury them in two feet of straw or leaves. They'll be putting up new shoots real soon. If this were 1980 they'd all be dead right now.

As a grandparent and understanding the implications of that I am terrified.

Crocuses here have been blooming for more than ten days: Bleep the Bleepin' Groundhog

Mother Nature isn't confused: Planting Zones Moving North - Conservation in a Changing Climate

I moved to St. Louis about 40 years ago and got involved in gardening shortly thereafter. I had to learn about the limits of climate hardiness in this region. Eg. a popular garden flower that many of us plant here is Cannas -- I have two big beds of them. 40 years ago Cannas left in the ground over winter died and we knew we had to dig up the rhizomes and bring then inside every Fall -- standard practice. I haven't dug up a Canna in 5 years now. I just open up a straw bail over them and bury them in two feet of straw or leaves. They'll be putting up new shoots real soon. If this were 1980 they'd all be dead right now.

As a grandparent and understanding the implications of that I am terrified.
I’ve got tulips pushing up through 3” of snow and ice. Mother Nature is confused this year.
Confused?
You're not kidding, temps in the low 30's. and snow! The mountains are white with it and I actually saw a snowplow on the road the other day! Here in southern Nevada we are used to complaining about 110 degree temps. When the high temps come, we'll complain about that as well!

Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back