So You've Plunked Down $1000 for a Lens ... What Shipping Do You Get?

What Shipping Speed?

• Next Day

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 2 Day

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 3-5 Day

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Longer (Whatever's Cheapest)

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Well, I ordered another L lens ... and this time I got the standard shipping. It'll be here on Thursday (ordered last week). :)

I know this doesn't change the situation any, but IMO if you have thrown down FOUR DIGITS worth of US dollars to get a lens, good shipping should be free. I don't own my own company, and I'm sure there's a good reason they don't, but if I saw a person is repeatedly buying L lenses from me, I would do something like this as a sign of gratitude.

But I'd probably be eaten alive in the business world.

I'd go for the cheapest :mrgreen: I never pay more than absolutely necessary for anything. Even then, I'm reluctant to part with my money.

I usually go with 2 day. But it usually takes 3 days... I guess it doesn't help that I live in a small town.

Shipping? I still use those quaint old fashioned places - shops I think they're called ;)

I don't pay extra for shipping. I just pay the minimum. Half the time when I paid for express shipping, the stuff didn't arrive when it was supposed to so I just don't do it now. I just see no point in blowing extra money. I've done without lens X for a long time and a little longer won't make any difference.

Generally next day. I figure, the less time the carrier has my item the better.

Unless I need it for some reason right away I go for the cheapest. Never had a problem with damages.

Most reactions

Back