SoCal Road Trip

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just moved to LA and had some time before starting my new job. So I wanted to explore southern California a little bit and did a road trip. It led me through Joshua Tree NP, parts of the Historic Route 66, Las Vegas and lot’s of desert.

Hope you like them and please let me know what you think...

Thanks for looking.

1: I think its funny how it appears the tires are "chasing" this old trailer, which can't escape cause it doesn't have any wheels... Found on a junk yard along Historic Route 66.
744441699_afdc2ca6c9_o.jpg

2: I found this car along Historic Route 66 in an old scrapyard. It's a beautiful drive, but it's also kind of sad how many abandoned places you find along it. Looks like the car is munching on the tire...
728367265_115c4458b8_o.jpg

3: A shelf with old containers on it. Found on a junk yard along Historic Route 66.
744442415_35bec5b2ab_o.jpg

4: While being in the Joshua Tree National Park I did a hike in the morning before the heat of the day kicked in. There are a bunch of abandoned gold mines and although they are all blocked off, it still had some cool stuff to shoot. This is a close up of an old cyanide tank.
749189240_d15940faa0_o.jpg

If you don't mind my asking. What lens did you use for 1 & 2? I find #2 oddly beautiful with the rust and odd color paint. Very nice :)

I like those first two shots, and I swear I've been to the trailer and tire location. A wild guess would be that it's near Ludlow- That's here-nor-there though and they're really fine shots!

A thought on similar tire locations; they always reminded me of what happens when the lug pattern don't fit.

Thanks for sharing!

I love these shots! You did a good job.

Now the first one I really like. To me it seems like it needs more contrast. I edited it a little. I don't know if its my monitor but let me know if these look ridiculous or if they work.

ORIGINAL
744441699_afdc2ca6c9_o.jpg

EDIT
744441699_afdc2ca6c9_ocopy.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Sweetsomedays: I'm using Canon's 10-22mm lens in the first 3 pictures. And Canon's 50mm 1.8 lens for the last one.

Kyuss: Thanks a lot for your critique. I have to say, I went back and forth on the contrast on that one. I really like your edit, I had one of my versions look very similar. In the end I decided against it, because I thought a brighter and "more grey" look works better for this desert image...

After looking at yours... I don't know now... :) I do like the dark blue sky a lot!!!! Thanks a lot for your input. I value it a lot.
What do other people think works better?

Thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back