Soccer Action shots night-time....how to?

crystalview

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So what do you think....I'm going to shoot some shots of my brother tonight playing soccer. I tried last week and the results were dismal. It seems if the shutter speed is two slow...everything blurs..(obviously) and if its set faster, its too dark to see anything. I shoot with a sony f717. It is fairly dark out, but the lights are on. Any suggestions? Shoot with a flash?

how about raising the iso, with a fast shutter speed? . over-exposing it by a few stops? .. i would try to find an alternative, other than flash :?

With that camera I'm not sure iti's going to be possible. You could try setting it on the highest ISO. If it has an aperature priority mode, you can set it to the lowest aperature.

I'll have to try messing with the ISO a little. I tried over-exposing, but that didn't work too hot either. We'll see what happens. Thanks you two!

Are you using a tripod?

IMO don’t think your going to get any good shoots at night with this camera. You need a shutter to stop the action. A SLR and 200mm f2.8 lens, along with a mono or tripod and 400-speed film will do it.

Most reactions

Back