Soft color baby portraits... laughing and crying

dewey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love babies!!! My most favorite subjects to shoot.

Here are a few shots from this past weekend, hope you enjoy. I considered cleaning up the baby's face in #3, but that's what babies do so I figured it was better to leave the debris. :lol:

1) Laughter is the best medicine

deweylaugh.jpg

2) Florida Eskimo

brenna.jpg

3) You have to say it.... awwwwww

deeeeewy.jpg

No babies were harmed in the making of these prints :mrgreen:

LOL... I thought it would be a while before I had to defend myself. I didn't do ANYTHING, but his toy stealing sister did. I was in the right place at the right time with my camera and I shot him getting mad at her... was a lucky break. (normally when I hear crying I lose the camera) ;)

I'm happy with the result. If one of my shots envokes an emotion inside of the viewer I've accomplished something.

What a mean sister! very good shots though :)

great shots! im not the biggest fan of selective colouring either but it seems to work? and i know lots of non-photographers love it. x

O these are so cute!! I personally dont care for the selective coloring either.. however, the last one is perfect! LOVE these kinds of photos...

I'm not usually a fan of selective coloring... but whatever the people with the money want right? Here is my favorite of the series without the color wash... I think it's better but the customer is always right... blah blah blah :mrgreen:

deweylaugh1-1.jpg

I don't mind selective colouring if you select the right areas to have in colour. Image 2 for example is superb. I absolutely love it.
The other 2 images just look a bit strange to me with the hair coloured against the b&w facial features.

I'm also not a fan of the selective coloring...by leaving the child's face without color, it makes him look lifeless...like a creepy doll or something. But as you said...the customer is always right.

I love these shots, you've captured some wonderful expressions! :)
Though I have to agree with the majority about the selective colouring...I think sometimes it could work, but I would have loved to see these in pure b/w!

Big Mike said:
by leaving the child's face without color, it makes him look lifeless...like a creepy doll or something.

Haha that's exactly what I was thinking but it sounded kinda rude in my head so I didn't want to say it. It really does make it look like the kid is dead or something. No color in his skin. I really like the repost of the full color. Very cool shot.

Yep, the full color one is so much better. But, if the client was wanting something more subdued, perhaps it might look good if the entire image was just desaturated and has that soft color look without just going completely B&W and with only the hair in full color?

Most reactions

Back