Software Filters

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Being curious, am I the only one using software filters? I am finding that software filters used to selective parts of an image are much faster than straight Photoshop techniques and offer a great deal of control. They also seem to create less noise than straight editing and offer greater control of colour.

skieur

The title you chose suggested to me that "Software Filters Vs Glass Filters" but hey whatever works for you is best.
"Faster than straight Photoshop techniques" I don't understand. If you're doing your work flow in a particular way in PS then that's your "straight" way of doing it right? less noise? why should that be? sounds subjective

The title you chose suggested to me that "Software Filters Vs Glass Filters" but hey whatever works for you is best.

Not at all. Glass filters in many cases are best, but they cannot be applied selectively to only part of the image. Some software filters do not exist or would be hard to find in glass form such as a Sunshine filter or a Brilliance\Warmth filter. Protecting detail in highlights and shadows is possible with some software filters but not necessarily with glass ones. The disadvantage of software filters is that you can only work with the data that is already there not control the data coming in like glass filters.
Nevertheless, I doubt that anyone could see the difference.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back