software to write about photographs

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to find a software where I can write an article/essay with in-line photographs embedded. Right now I'm using word, and the color of the photographs is way off. Are there any good software where I can easily write and include photographs that have proper color?

Adobe Pagemaker?

If the color is way off it's likely because of the color space the photo is in, or the color space profile the image was saved in.
I use Word regularly and put images in-line with no color issues.

I use both JPEG and PNG file formats but 2 things they have in common are an 8-bit color depth and are converted (not assigned) to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile (color space).

Word or Pages depending on your OS. As Keith's post indicates this sounds like user error. If you want to spend money then go for Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Pagemaker, Affinity Designer, iPublisher or QuarkXPress.

If the color is way off it's likely because of the color space the photo is in, or the color space profile the image was saved in.
I use Word regularly and put images in-line with no color issues.

I use both JPEG and PNG file formats but 2 things they have in common are an 8-bit color depth and are converted (not assigned) to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile (color space).
The color is mostly just desaturated. Sorry, I think I was probably exaggerating the first time around :)

De-saturated color, which is what I assumed you were referring to, is the most prominent sign of an incompatible color space.

De-saturated color, which is what I assumed you were referring to, is the most prominent sign of an incompatible color space.
I'm exporting from lightroom as sRGB, though, so that should be fine?

I'm going to be using Serif PagePlus x9. Inexpensive and good enough.
A trial with text and photos looked good.

Most reactions

Back